Main screen not turning on

FT27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Over the last couple of weeks, there have been two times that I turn on the car and the main infotainment screen does not come on. It seems to still be working if I manage to push the right area for what I want to do, but it's black. One time it was on, but so dim as to not be usable unless I was stationary and could really get close and squint. During this time, I tried to manually change brightness to no effect.

Has anyone else had this issue? Thoughts on what to do?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Over the last couple of weeks, there have been two times that I turn on the car and the main infotainment screen does not come on. It seems to still be working if I manage to push the right area for what I want to do, but it's black. One time it was on, but so dim as to not be usable unless I was stationary and could really get close and squint. During this time, I tried to manually change brightness to no effect.

Has anyone else had this issue? Thoughts on what to do?
This is a bug that has been coming up during the update process to 1.7.1. It seems if it doesn't fully update all at once, it gets into a state of some parts are updated, and some aren't and it causes the brightness issue you're seeing.

Others have mentioned the dimming buttons near the headlight switch can bring it back to normal brightness. Or rebooting sync by holding the next track and volume down on the steering wheel at the same time.

OP
OP

FT27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Learning a few tricks for resetting the screen is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks!

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Rebooting the screen caused my 1.7.1 to fail install, so keep that in mind.

So far the buttons for the driver display brightness has mostly worked. Word of caution though, if you are driving and its about to get dark just leave it. I was driving around sunset last night and hit the brightness control so I could see the screen. Then when it got dark the damn thing was blinding me even in dark mode. The brightness controls on Synch do absolutely nothing, and diming with the button down below also does nothing to the main screen after it brings the brightness up.

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
My screen was fine when I drove out this morning. The car was parked for a couple of hours, and now it is so faded I can hardly read it. I also had received a message from Ford, yesterday, that said they were unable to update my software.

Blah.......
Sponsored