Any way to turn off the main screen?

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Anyone know of a way to turn the screens off completely while still having the audio on? Going to drive in and last time we kinda put something against it so it wasn't so bright but that's no really a great solution.
Sponsored

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Anyone know of a way to turn the screens off completely while still having the audio on? Going to drive in and last time we kinda put something against it so it wasn't so bright but that's no really a great solution.
Nope. Dark mode at least makes it less bright. But there's no way to easily turn on calm mode.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Even with calm screen and dark mode, it's still so bright in the cabin with both screens on. Plus the lights just behind the sunglass holder that shine down. Our solution was a hoodie over the main screen, a bunch of layers of paper towel a hat over the instrument cluster, and a mask pulled across both visors to cover the over head lights. Not very glamorous but it did the trick.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I found that if you push in on the volume knob, and turn the volume down at the same time, the calm screen comes on. Tap the screen to go back to normal.
Yep -- this was added to the 2021 models in a September 2021 over the air update. Calm screen is great!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think the pushing volume knob in and holding is enough, turning the volume down isn't necessary.
Lowering the volume helps calm my head. Unless it's the Whatever Happened to the Pizza at McDonald's? podcast -- then I'll want to turn it up.

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Push the volume knob in, hear a beep, release, calm screen comes on…. Bill csg
Sponsored