Sabbaspar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I am the first to admit that I know nothing. It needs to be dumbed down for me.
What can I do to fix the bumps? New struts? Shocks? Sway bar? All of it? I want to hit a pot hole and not feel a thing. With that being said, is the community waiting on a particular company to come out with a solution? Or is the best solution already out? Money is not really a problem. I am willing to invest in a smoother ride.
If the best company has put the best product out on the market already, can you please provide some links?
Swap out for the 18 inch wheels from the California Route 1 Model or Select. Then, lower pressure to 36-38 max. Should smooth it out a but.

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
If you soften the suspension you lose drive-ability and road holding. When we moved to the US 22 years ago I couldn't belive how loose American cars have their suspension. If you're feeling the bumps your car is probably good to drive.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I guess I shouldn't have exaggerated. You all took it as literal when I said potholes. I understand I would always feel potholes. But I feel cracks in roads. And we're talking about manufacturer cracks. Not cracks caused by erosion or degradation. When going over any road corrections or any warping because of the Sun, I feel all of that. If I could by chance just get rid of those cracks so my head doesn't shake all the damn time, that would be a much better drive experience for me and my four slip disc.
KW makes coilovers that will set you back around $4,000 installed. Search for KW in the description and there is a thread about it. Those who have done it says the ride is definitely smoother.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I guess I shouldn't have exaggerated. You all took it as literal when I said potholes. I understand I would always feel potholes. But I feel cracks in roads. And we're talking about manufacturer cracks. Not cracks caused by erosion or degradation. When going over any road corrections or any warping because of the Sun, I feel all of that. If I could by chance just get rid of those cracks so my head doesn't shake all the damn time, that would be a much better drive experience for me and my four slip disc.
I understood. And I agree, it's one of the few disappointments with this car. They did a good job of making a crossover with some Mustang design elements semi-luxurious on the whole. Except for the rough ride.

Recommended tire pressure is 39 PSI for most trims/tires. I lower my fronts around home to 35 and leave the rears at 39. Front seat ride is affected most by the front tires. That helps modestly, for an easy minor tweak. But this car will never have a smooth ride overall on unsmooth roads. It's great on interstates at high speed, but not crappy city roads.
Sponsored