Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I just did some poking around and it looks like we may have EcoSport-style rear seats, which do not recline. The release button on EcoSport seats is at the top, like our seats, and they engage a pillar-mounted strike, so they’d have to be fixed. It’s a simpler seat mechanism. I will never be in the back seat, so I don’t really care ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yup needs to be checked but I am assuming the specs would have mentioned it if they recline. But again the specs may not be all correct... for example the Ford website model comparison have same language for premium and FE for side mirrors but we know the FE is color matched.

I do remember the Ford rep showing me how to fold the rear seats and the location of the fold latch but he never mentioned recline lever... again he was not comprehensive just answering my questions.
Rear seats do not recline.

Front seats recline but they aren't fold flat. In fact, I think they reached their most comfortable point before leaning all the way back. The last several degrees of recline actually seemed to put a bit too much pressure on my lower back.

Rear seats incline all the way forward. We've discussed before that they are nearly flat an will flatten out even more when pressure is applied.

Front seats don't incline. I guess it's a part of the power seat system. They reach a point that is too upright but don't go forward of that. It's a shame. with the front seat fully inclined I could fit an 8.5' kayak inside our Prius. The best you can do for big cargo in the back is to set the seat all the way upright and moved all the way forward.
Sponsored