Active X seats

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Yeah I tried going through other Ford forums but there isn't much detail about it's stain resistance. I looked at the tesla forum to see how their white seats hold up and the answer is... poorly... I'm hoping it's as stain resistant and easy to clean as MB-Tex
Maybe you could "accidentally" sit in some chocolate and then take a test drive?

In all seriousness sorry can't help further.
Sponsored

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
I now have a Mach-E sitting in my garage with the light grey Active-X material. I also have a 2-year old kid. I'm wondering if anyone has had enough time and experience with Active-X seats now to make a reccomendation. Do I just need to use them and clean them? Or is a vinyl protectant recommended?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I believe the correct cleaning solution is a pinch of powdered unicorn horn dissolved in a quart of the tears of vestal virgins - oh, wait, that wouldn’t be vegan - nevermind ? I’d just use whatever mild cleaning product and non-abrasive applicator you have.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Thanks! That's good to know it's pretty easy. I've been having trouble sourcing powdered unicorn since the beginning of the pandemic!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I now have a Mach-E sitting in my garage with the light grey Active-X material. I also have a 2-year old kid. I'm wondering if anyone has had enough time and experience with Active-X seats now to make a reccomendation. Do I just need to use them and clean them? Or is a vinyl protectant recommended?
The manual states to clean them with water and a very mild soap solution.
They're a type of plastic (that sounds cheap, but they seem very durable and soft). I don't think they will have any trouble holding up even better than leather, and with less care.

MachE23

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Retail
Country flag
My wife has Active X material in her 2020 Explorer and it has held up well except the left side of the driver seat bolster next to where her leg is. It totally wore out after only two years it was very worn and tearing. We had it repaired but to be honest I would have chosen anything but Active X in my Mach e I there had been a choice for my GTPE.