Mini reviews of Mach E, ID.4, and Volvo Xc40 Recharge

RRMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, f450
Country flag
Having owned and traded an ICE Xc40 for our MME I can can say from a personal experience that both cars are really good in their own right. As mentioned by Steven, the ride in the Volvo is better but as many have noted for the price the distance is better in the MME. Ford did a great job with the MME no question and I obviously prefer it because I bought it. But there are advantages to the Volvo as it feels a bit more high end than the MME, and before anyone complains you can’t compare an ICE to an electric, I test drove an XC40 regen and the ride and finish are almost identical to the ICE model. As others have said, everyone has preferences and to each their own. I respect those preferences and support each individuals personal decisions.
Sponsored

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have test driven both vehicles. The Mach e is bigger and the battery is a longer range. The Volvo has a much better ride and regen braking.. The seats are more comfortable in the Volvo, but feel a little narrower. I like the big screen in the Mach e and feel like it is easier to use. A lot of the features in the Volvo are controlled in the steering wheel, which just has symbols. I have been trying to decide between the two, but I am having trouble deciding. The ride of the Volvo may make the difference. The Mach e has the worst ride of any car we have owned. My wife's Ford C-max had a better ride. With the possible price increase in the Mach e there is not much different between the two. Range v comfort is the biggest difference.
If you think the MME has a firm ride, you should try the tesla model Y. The MME feels like a rolls royce in comparison