Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 VW Tiguan, 2017 Ford Transit
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
I had a roll of old Mint Matte wrap laying around, so I figured why not throw it on the Mach. Threw some black on the roof, Still have to wrap the mirrors and antenna black, but figured I’d share with y’all.
I call her Mint Chip

4AC27C4F-67BF-41F3-923D-5098D2013AE4.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
That’s a great color! Feels “electric” ⚡
The color is almost three years old, so it should be a one of a kind ...just glad the adhesion was still good ?

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
The color is almost three years old, so it should be a one of a kind ...just glad the adhesion was still good ?
Wow, that is wild looking! I’m not sure I would have picked it myself, but it is striking, and I appreciate anything unique.

How hard is it to apply? Are you a pro and you did this with leftovers, or are you an amateur who figured out the details?

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Wow, that is wild looking! I’m not sure I would have picked it myself, but it is striking, and I appreciate anything unique.

How hard is it to apply? Are you a pro and you did this with leftovers, or are you an amateur who figured out the details?
It’s a lot of color... I like different and had the roll lying around.
I’ve taken wrap classes and wrapped some cars...I’m a professional Pinstriper and I also do vinyl graphics/racing stripes for my new car accounts.
Im not gonna lie, wrapping cars is hard. It’d go smoother if Iwoulda had a friend detrim the car, but it was a spur of the moment thing. Not perfect, but it’s my work car...so it’ll protect the paint and look unique.
I wouldn’t believe any of the threads about wrapping cars being “easy!!! Just get a heat gun!”...if you ever decide to try it out, hit me up and I’ll offer ya free advice and what to avoid.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
It’s a lot of color... I like different and had the roll lying around.
I’ve taken wrap classes and wrapped some cars...I’m a professional Pinstriper and I also do vinyl graphics/racing stripes for my new car accounts.
Im not gonna lie, wrapping cars is hard. It’d go smoother if Iwoulda had a friend detrim the car, but it was a spur of the moment thing. Not perfect, but it’s my work car...so it’ll protect the paint and look unique.
I wouldn’t believe any of the threads about wrapping cars being “easy!!! Just get a heat gun!”...if you ever decide to try it out, hit me up and I’ll offer ya free advice and what to avoid.
Thanks, sounds like I shouldn’t just buy a roll and go for it. ;) I do have a workshop and enjoy learning new techniques, but it sounds like this one requires an investment in time and practice to get right.

Good luck with mint chip - it is my favorite ice cream flavor!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Heh, since I don't really like Grabber Blue, maybe when I get my GT I should hit you up for advice and wrap mine in a blue closer to what I'd like. LOL

Reactions: Dad
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Heh, since I don't really like Grabber Blue, maybe when I get my GT I should hit you up for advice and wrap mine in a blue closer to what I'd like. LOL
feel free. There’s some nice wrap colors out there?