Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Yesterday I tried to start my car and got the Stop Safely Now error. It also said Full Accessory Mode, or something. All accessories seem to work fine, but car was dead. I've had it since 10/20/21, I only have 5900 miles, and have never used a DC fast charger. Towed it on a flatbed to local F@#d dealer and let them know what happened. at end of the day I called to see what was going on, and the service guy says, well we only have one tech that works on EVs and there are a lot of them, so he cant look at it until next week. Asked what I'm supposed to do, are they giving me a loaner? Well, he's "looking into it" and will "talk with the manager". To me, that seems like a 3-5 minute task. Still waiting to hear back.

In the meantime, I called Ford corporate. First 6 calls were either dropped or not connected at all. Finally bypassed their stupid VM system and spoke to someone and they started a case file. Not hopeful that leads to anything productive.
Hello there. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to look into your situation on my end.
Sponsored

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
How was HVBJB issue resolved? Was it the software update?
I was extremely lucky as when mine bricked engineering apparently had just come out with the updated part. Engineering found out about my case and sent out a field engineer with the new part and "updated software". I never really got details about what software was updated, but I was just happy that the car was back up and running with what turned out to be the new HVBJB listed here on the forum.

I have a feeling the OP will be in for the same repair. I do not know if that "software" is the same as the recall software coming out, but like I said before, I was just happy everything has been back to normal now for 3,000 miles (I am currently coming up on 10,000 miles on the car).

Last edited:

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Good question. My service advisor never said they replaced the HVBJB, just that the software was updated and it's running again.

That's why I'm wondering how @heisnuts had their HVBJB issue fixed.
You need to ask your dealer to send you the DTC (Diagnostic Test Code) numbers they found from your car. That will let your buddies in this forum properly diagnose what problem struck your car.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Thanks, @scoopman, I will do that!
some folks with FDRS subscriptions can also tell you the DTC reported by your car if you send them your vin. There’s a thread with people who volunteer to look such things up for you.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had the HVBJB fail. When it does, the accessories will still work but the car will not go into gear and you will have the stop safely message on the display. When it failed I knew (thanks to this forum) that I needed to preserve the 12v battery power so that when the tow truck arrived I could turn on the accessory mode to get the car into tow mode for the tow driver to winch it up onto the bed.
Your A/C worked when the HVBJB failed?

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I did not check to see if the A/C was working or not because once I had the stop safely message I shut everything off to save the 12v power that was needed to turn on the accessory mode so I could use the screen to engage tow mode (which basically allows the car to be put into neutral even though the "engine" is not running). If the HVBJB goes out the accessory mode will come on but the high voltage system will not engage so there is no switching out of park without engaging tow mode.

I do not know if the A/C can be turned on in accessory mode or not... I would doubt it though...

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The blower might come on but not the compressor. That might give the appearance the A/C is running, but it's just draining the 12V battery.

BTW if you get a Stop Safely Now you should shut off the HVAC, the blower motor can drain the 12V battery quickly.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I did not check to see if the A/C was working or not because once I had the stop safely message I shut everything off to save the 12v power that was needed to turn on the accessory mode so I could use the screen to engage tow mode (which basically allows the car to be put into neutral even though the "engine" is not running). If the HVBJB goes out the accessory mode will come on but the high voltage system will not engage so there is no switching out of park without engaging tow mode.

I do not know if the A/C can be turned on in accessory mode or not... I would doubt it though...
Well, now that I think about it......we might have two accessory modes. Let me check....

Okay. If the vehicle is plugged in and you step on the brake and press start then the HVAC will function but it did not say "Full Accessory Mode". It just shows the State of Charge graphic on the driver's screen.

If the vehicle is plugged in and you press start without touching the brake then you get Full Accessory Mode which appears to be just the 12v systems. Not the A/C.
So yeah. I think you are correct and I am mistaken. Please disregard my first post. :)
👍

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Hey guys I’m curious.
Is there some type of special size 12V battery that is used in the Mach-E or is it just like the battery in a regular Mustang.

If it’s just like the battery in a regular Mustang, have any of you considered going to an aftermarket battery?

Yes, I know one would have to come out of pocket but it might be worth it.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hey guys I’m curious.
Is there some type of special size 12V battery that is used in the Mach-E or is it just like the battery in a regular Mustang.

If it’s just like the battery in a regular Mustang, have any of you considered going to an aftermarket battery?

Yes, I know one would have to come out of pocket but it might be worth it.
The MME LV battery is a very special, very small battery. Very hard to get still. 😱🐩

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yesterday I tried to start my car and got the Stop Safely Now error. It also said Full Accessory Mode, or something. All accessories seem to work fine, but car was dead. I've had it since 10/20/21, I only have 5900 miles, and have never used a DC fast charger. Towed it on a flatbed to local F@#d dealer and let them know what happened. at end of the day I called to see what was going on, and the service guy says, well we only have one tech that works on EVs and there are a lot of them, so he cant look at it until next week. Asked what I'm supposed to do, are they giving me a loaner? Well, he's "looking into it" and will "talk with the manager". To me, that seems like a 3-5 minute task. Still waiting to hear back.

In the meantime, I called Ford corporate. First 6 calls were either dropped or not connected at all. Finally bypassed their stupid VM system and spoke to someone and they started a case file. Not hopeful that leads to anything productive.
So the recall claims the issue is caused by DC charging or back to back full throttle.

You didn’t DC charge, so any more details on what happened before it bricked?

Speed, temp, acceleration and state of charge details if you remember please.
Sponsored