OP
OP
Jasmin2021AWDX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Pack
Country flag
DAY 24 Update | Our MME is driving again, on the day of our move to Texas from California. Talk about last minute..... Root Cause >> Unknown !! HV Battery Pack was removed, one of the main fuses was replaced as it was blown. Ford Technical Support and the Technician who worked on the vehicle expected it was a loose connector/pin-out that got seated properly by the technician doing all the pin-checks when going through the diagnostics. Did not give me a good feeling before a 1,300 mile roadtrip but was happy to get our MME back.

Now still trying to get my rental car expenses back, was a BIG bill.....

ROADTRIP Update | 2.5 days, 1,300 miles > all went well. Separate thread on that experience (CA-TX roadtrip)
Sponsored

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Glad it got worked out finally and welcome to Texas! ? Hopefully your MME holds out well with the summer heat later ?

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
DAY 24 Update | Our MME is driving again, on the day of our move to Texas from California. Talk about last minute..... Root Cause >> Unknown !! HV Battery Pack was removed, one of the main fuses was replaced as it was blown. Ford Technical Support and the Technician who worked on the vehicle expected it was a loose connector/pin-out that got seated properly by the technician doing all the pin-checks when going through the diagnostics. Did not give me a good feeling before a 1,300 mile roadtrip but was happy to get our MME back.

Now still trying to get my rental car expenses back, was a BIG bill.....

ROADTRIP Update | 2.5 days, 1,300 miles > all went well. Separate thread on that experience (CA-TX roadtrip)
Oh boy. I am just finding this thread. We had almost the same exact thing happen.

'We took our first trip out of town (over 100 miles one way) to SoCal to visit family on Christmas eve and got stranded 4 hours into our drive. Supercharged for the first time ever no hiccups and got back on the road. It Lost all power at highway speed, Stop safely, AWD not available, Service AdvanceTrac etc showed up yet again. Thankfully we were able to pull over safely and not cause an accident or get hit.

The car is at a local dealer in SoCal. Because of the holiday we did not get a rental until yesterday to drive home 6 hours away. I missed work for 2 days (Sunday and Monday) but we returned to the Bay Area (6 hours away) to get back to work yesterday after getting a rental with the extended warranty purchased through Ford.

It has 27k miles on it and has had ALL of the modules reprogrammed (even the one that just came out)'

We may have to refer this thread to the dealer it is at for reference

OP
OP
Jasmin2021AWDX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Pack
Country flag
Oh boy. I am just finding this thread. We had almost the same exact thing happen.

'We took our first trip out of town (over 100 miles one way) to SoCal to visit family on Christmas eve and got stranded 4 hours into our drive. Supercharged for the first time ever no hiccups and got back on the road. It Lost all power at highway speed, Stop safely, AWD not available, Service AdvanceTrac etc showed up yet again. Thankfully we were able to pull over safely and not cause an accident or get hit.

The car is at a local dealer in SoCal. Because of the holiday we did not get a rental until yesterday to drive home 6 hours away. I missed work for 2 days (Sunday and Monday) but we returned to the Bay Area (6 hours away) to get back to work yesterday after getting a rental with the extended warranty purchased through Ford.

It has 27k miles on it and has had ALL of the modules reprogrammed (even the one that just came out)'

We may have to refer this thread to the dealer it is at for reference
Hello again, responded to your message on the separate thread. GOOD LUCK !!!

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
::::Update:::: A new 12V battery has been installed and all the codes/lights are still showing so it did NOT fix the problem. Ford support has opened a case and is in direct contact with the dealership, hopefully will know more in the next day or two of what is to happen going forward.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update! Sadly, as of today we still have not gotten an answer of what exactly is wrong. 12V battery was replaced and they are going to reprogram all possible modules and update everything again to see if that changes anything. Still in a rental, but fully being taken care of by Ford. Nothing has been transmitted to Fords PTS system with DTC/VHA codes since 12/24 :(

515153.JPG

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know I am late to this party, but a low 12V battery would cause all of these problems. It probably would have been fixed be replacing the 12V battery.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know I am late to this party, but a low 12V battery would cause all of these problems. It probably would have been fixed be replacing the 12V battery.
No the replacement of the 12v does not fix the problem, that is at least for the JOB1 AWD models....

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I finally have the tech notes of what they found with our MME.

406 10B687 CC 42 VERIFY CUSTOMERS CONCERN VEHICLE HAD NO POWER 12V BATTERY DEAD. LOAD TEST BATTERY WITH DCA 8000 BATTERY FAILED 312C4XXXXXXD PERFORMED BATTERY REPLCEMENT AND RETEST

FOUND U0594 IN BECM, P0DA8 IN SOBDMB, P0D2D, P1A10, U351B,U351F IN SOBDMC. PERFORMED HOTLINE CONTACT PERFORMED PPT CH AND PPT R, RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE. HOTLINE CALL FROM BRENT. FOUND P0AA2 IN VEHICLE HISTORY. PER HOTLINE. LOWERED BATTERY PACK. PERFORMED HIGH VOLTAGE JUNCTION BOX AND BECM REPLACEMENT. PERFORMED BATTERY LEAK TEST-PASS. REINSTALLED BATTERY PACK. PERFORMED REPROGRAMMING AND COOLANT FILL PROCEDURE. CLEARED ALL CODES VEHICLE NOW RUNS AS DESIGNED.

$2,650.50 for parts/labor of 7 hours plus$500 of rental car fees. Was out of service for exactly 4 weeks.

Dhruval Shah

First Name
Dhruval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I finally have the tech notes of what they found with our MME.

406 10B687 CC 42 VERIFY CUSTOMERS CONCERN VEHICLE HAD NO POWER 12V BATTERY DEAD. LOAD TEST BATTERY WITH DCA 8000 BATTERY FAILED 312C4XXXXXXD PERFORMED BATTERY REPLCEMENT AND RETEST

FOUND U0594 IN BECM, P0DA8 IN SOBDMB, P0D2D, P1A10, U351B,U351F IN SOBDMC. PERFORMED HOTLINE CONTACT PERFORMED PPT CH AND PPT R, RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE. HOTLINE CALL FROM BRENT. FOUND P0AA2 IN VEHICLE HISTORY. PER HOTLINE. LOWERED BATTERY PACK. PERFORMED HIGH VOLTAGE JUNCTION BOX AND BECM REPLACEMENT. PERFORMED BATTERY LEAK TEST-PASS. REINSTALLED BATTERY PACK. PERFORMED REPROGRAMMING AND COOLANT FILL PROCEDURE. CLEARED ALL CODES VEHICLE NOW RUNS AS DESIGNED.

$2,650.50 for parts/labor of 7 hours plus$500 of rental car fees. Was out of service for exactly 4 weeks.
Did it resolve problem for you?

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did it resolve problem for you?
Yes it did. The 12v battery was faulty as well which we expected as it was a Job1 car. My partner says he feels like it has more power too, almost like it was being throttled or not enough power going through prior. It did lower the 0-60 by a few seconds compared to prior.
Sponsored