Model S/Model X prices heavily discounted *again*

PedroDaGr8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium (First Edition)
Country flag
For those of you who own a Mach-e, would you buy it again today knowing the price difference between that and a Tesla? I have been looking at purchasing an extended range premium but cannot understand why I would buy that when they are 10k more than a Model Y. I like the Mach-e more, but would only choose it if it were the same price. Dealers in my area have, at last count, 32 on the lot and more in an overflow lot and yet they won't budge off of MSRP. I am patient and can wait it out but it just seems odd that there's little to no interest in cutting a deal. It could be that they don't think I'm interested enough to bother with, but I am if given the right incentive.
Dealers, like gas stations, are quick to raise the price and slow to drop it. Having driven both, I get why people buy the Y but the MME just matched what I wanted so much better. It hit such a nicer tone in build quality, driving feel, etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:

duncanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt EV, 2016 LR4, 2001 Wrangler
Country flag
Dealers, like gas stations, are stuck to raise the price and slow to drop it. Having driven both, I get why people buy the Y but the MME just matched what I wanted so much better. It hit such a nicer tone in build quality, driving feel, etc.
Yeah, I just like it more. I don't see them all that much but see white Tesla's at every corner. I also like the gray interior of the Mach-e more than the Tesla. I guess it's just a waiting game.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
There are at least 2 Ferraris that I know of that are faster 0-60 then the X plaid. SF90 and La Ferrari.
Ok, then it’s faster than “almost” every Ferrari. Still pretty insane for a $90k SUV.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Would be pretty pissed if I paid $120k 9 months ago and now could pay $80k....
Sponsored