Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
For some reason even after I turn off the alarm systems it reactivates back on when I walk away from the vehicle. I know this because whenever I leave my dog in the car the alarm goes off (horn beeping and lights flashing) to the dog in the backseat 1. moving around in the car, and/or 2. barking. When it happens I check the settings and low and behold the alarm is back on. My suspicion is the door locking may be automatically rearming it. I asked the dealership about it and they were clueless. Is this an isolated issue with my car, or a greater issue with all Mach Es?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eugene

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Someone posted Ford was contemplating a "Pet Mode" and I was wondering if they were doing it out of an awareness of this problem that desperately needs a fix, or is it just a peripheral future feature? I fear the latter as this is an ongoing problem that affects anything that would move around within the cabin, that includes human passengers as well as pets. What next "Child Mode", or "Passenger Mode" settings? Seriously Ford just needs to have a motion sensor toggle switch that simply stays on or off when selected, problem solved... SEE HOW EASY THAT WAS FORD!

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
The dealership was clueless?! Commence pearl clutching procedure. LOL

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Someone posted Ford was contemplating a "Pet Mode" and I was wondering if they were doing it out of an awareness of this problem that desperately needs a fix, or is it just a peripheral future feature? I fear the latter as this is an ongoing problem that affects anything that would move around within the cabin, that includes human passengers as well as pets. What next "Child Mode", or "Passenger Mode" settings? Seriously Ford just needs to have a motion sensor toggle switch that simply stays on or off when selected, problem solved... SEE HOW EASY THAT WAS FORD!
I know you're fired up about this, but you don't need to paste the same thing into multiple threads. It's just the same people that see them, and it makes it difficult to follow the conversation if replies are spread across 3 places.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
When I turn my car off, the message pops up if I want to turn off the motion sensors. I say “yes” and they stay off after I walk away lock the doors. I know because I’ve left my dog, kids, and passengers in my car with no alarm going off. This will reset every time I drive the car though.

OP
OP
Eugene

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
When I turn my car off, the message pops up if I want to turn off the motion sensors. I say “yes” and they stay off after I walk away lock the doors. I know because I’ve left my dog, kids, and passengers in my car with no alarm going off. This will reset every time I drive the car though.
Sounds like this is a luck of the draw problem, you are one of the lucky ones

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Sounds like this is a luck of the draw problem, you are one of the lucky ones
Could be, or it’s a combination of updates and settings. I don’t pay much attention to my software versions or make many changes once you have things set the way I want them. I’m sure there are other features available that I have no idea about because I just never seem to have the time to play around. This is my daily commuter car so when I’m in it, I’m driving. I did figure out how to connect it to the Wi-Fi at my work about a month ago. Still can’t get it to connect at my house. I have 3 different routers and it won’t connect to any of them so I gave up.

OP
OP
Eugene

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Well I totally sealed over the motion sensors with a thick sheet of rubber adhesive gasket and the alarm still went off just by sticking my hand through the open window and waving. I didn't rock anything, just moved my hand around in mid air inside the car, and the alarm went off. When I was doing tests without covering the sensors I noticed an intermittent delay before the alarm went off. Sometimes it will be immediately set off, other times it may take several minutes. This may be why some people are saying they don't experience this problem. The one constant here is locking the doors rearms the sensors, my only work around is to leave the accessory power on which allows me to lock the doors without it resetting the motion sensor switch back on. It is bewildering why this issue is not been addressed by now, the only reason that I can think of is their customer service only goes up a short ladder, as a result, it never reaches the appropriate department. Ford like most oversized companies is another classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand needs done. There is one man that could solve this issue in a second, he is Chuck Gray (vice president, EV Technology), unfortunately, he is what you call unreachable.

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD Space White
Country flag
That is not the case with everyone.
Sponsored