Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
I'm on 4.2.5 and noticed that now when I shut the car off I'm asked whether to turn off the Motion Sensors. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The dog still sets off the alarm. If it did work, it would be an improvement over having to tap 5 buttons, many with the abysmally slow system response time (guess I'm just used to Real iPads). What can the reason be for not allowing motion sensors to be permanently turned off? The dog will outlast the car!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It has never worked.

1) Leave car on.
2) Change shutoff timer to not shutoff at 30 minutes, if needed.
3) Lock the car with the keypad.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I canā€™t say that it never worked, but it fails to work with incredible frequency. It sometimes works for a few minutes then the interior motion sensor becomes active, as evidenced by a person moving around inside of car, then alarm going off 5-10 minutes later when a person moves again. šŸ˜•šŸ©

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
I have electrical tape on 2 rear facing and one front facing openings. Are there more? Maybe I need fresh tape.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I canā€™t say that it never worked, but it fails to work with incredible frequency.
I can. It hasnā€™t worked since day 1. Itā€™s one of the launch bugs that have never been addressed.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I canā€™t say that it never worked, but it fails to work with incredible frequency. It sometimes works for a few minutes then the interior motion sensor becomes active, as evidenced by a person moving around inside of car, then alarm going off 5-10 minutes later when a person moves again. šŸ˜•šŸ©
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into this concern on my end.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have electrical tape on 2 rear facing and one front facing openings. Are there more? Maybe I need fresh tape.
After the latest update I had to go back into settings and turn off this notification again.
Sponsored