Mustang Clubs.... What kind of reception do/did you get?

How were you treated when going to Mustang Club events?

• Welcomed me with open arms!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some @$$ hole revved his engine every time I tired to speak.

• There were several other Mach-E's there and everyone seemed to get along.

• They disqualified me from competition for total lack of Bondo and primer.

• They asked if they could keep their beer cold in my Frunk.

• Total voters

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
So, I'm thinking about going to a Mutstang Club event in Brandon, FL (South of Tampa) tomorrow morning. This one has a theme to bring a $20+ toy for charity. Apparently some of the kids are going to judge the cars.

I haven't been to a Mustang Club event, so I'm curious what kind of reception that We, of the Mach-E have received and what to expect.

I type this smiling because I don't really care what is said. I'm just curious about the experiences that my compadres have had here on the Forum.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I haven’t been to any Mustang club events, but I would hope that at least the management welcomes you. It’s not like you’re going to a Brand X show with a Camaro that has a Pontiac engine in it. 🤪🐩

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I haven't been to a club event, though I have had wildly mixed reactions from Mustang owners. Some have said they love it, others have said "no growly engine noise means it isn't a Mustang". One of my friends wants to convert their classic Mustang to some sort of hybrid (if that's even possible).

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
As it happened, the first club meeting I went to, the topic of the night was 'Is the Mach-E a Mustang?' Not suprisingly, the answer was a unanimous 'no.' I said my piece touting the benefits of the car. The Ford regional sales trainer was there, and he shot down many of the false anti-EV 'facts' that came up.

I voted for the 'don't tell anyone, but' option, because that's exactly what happened.

Even though the sentiment was 'not a Mustang', I never felt any hostility. Everyone was welcoming and respectful. They even have a Mach-E division in their annual car show. I entered, but was unable to attend last year. I hope to make it this year.

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
I thought more would have gone and had experiences at the clubs.
I hope others vote/comment.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Here in Delaware we have the First State Mustang AND Ford club and while I have not attended any of the events I have been told I am welcome to participate in the 2000 and newer class.

Tony

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So, I'm thinking about going to a Mutstang Club event in Brandon, FL (South of Tampa) tomorrow morning. This one has a theme to bring a $20+ toy for charity. Apparently some of the kids are going to judge the cars.

I haven't been to a Mustang Club event, so I'm curious what kind of reception that We, of the Mach-E have received and what to expect.

I type this smiling because I don't really care what is said. I'm just curious about the experiences that my compadres have had here on the Forum.
Well, Brandon is kinda full of a-holes, but I hope it goes well for you. (This coming from a fellow Tampa Bay MME owner)

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Just go in expecting mixed reactions and you’ll be fine.

The Mustang name is controversial, especially to “car people,” and even more to “Mustang people.”

How else would you expect people to react when every other vehicle in the show is a gas burning rwd coupe and 90% of those are v8 when you show up in an AWD 4 door electric SUV?

Just make sure whenever anyone frowns looking at your car to run up with a smile, high five them, and very loudly exclaim, “look guys, we have the same car, Mustang buddies for life!!”

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
It's already somewhat contraversial driving an EV in the area where I live. Guns-Trump-Trucks-'Merica all that shit. People here believe that no one should be subsidizing DCFC rollouts but are perfectly fine subsidizing unsustainable farming and the fossil fuel industry.

So to say that my MME has drawn contraversial responses is an understatement. I brought it to a single cars and coffee event at the dealer where I bought it. All cars on display were ICE mustangs except for mine. It didn't draw a single verbal comment directed at me but I heard comments amongst the other attendees disparaging it.

It's fine. It's not for them, it's for me. I just won't be going back, which is a shame because my 5 yr old daughter at the time loved seeing all the cars and learning about them.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
The unwillingness to accept something new is a bit mind-blowing, like there is an aversion to changing your mind at the cellular level. I also think there is a lot of “group-think” and posturing when others are around. I bet one-on-one you may get a different experience from most.

Having said that, I emailed both local Mustang clubs to enquire about joining with an MME and did not even get a response. So….

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Just go in expecting mixed reactions and you’ll be fine.

The Mustang name is controversial, especially to “car people,” and even more to “Mustang people.”
<SNIP>
I was originally against Ford calling it a "Mustang," being a pony car guy. I got over it. That said, I never was a "mustang guy." My mom was the Mustang owner and she was so enthused about me reserving/ordering the MME. 🤷‍♂️🐩 To bad she never got her death ride in it. 🤬🐩

PEldridge

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium awd ext range
Country flag

Just yesterday I joined the one-and-only Mustang club in Idaho. It's in Boise. We went to a hot rod car show abt a month ago and met a man in the Mustang Club corral of 3 cars. He said the club is affiliated with the national club, is open to Mustang enthusiasts and admirers, and you don't have to own a Mustang to join. He chuckled and said the club president drives a Dodge. So, after much thought I joined. They will have their big summer car show 'n shine ride in mid-June. I looked at photos of past events and did see a Mach E in a picture, so if that person is still there, at least I'll have company! I understand the "not a Mustang" attitude - my son has asked me to not say Mustang, but Mach E. SOL, my dear son, but I'm calling it what it is, a Mustang Mach E! I'm owning it.

Deleted member 16048

I haven't been to one yet, but I think a big thing from even Ford on the matter is that the name has never been about the looks, but how it drives and the spirit. That's what these "not a mustang" people are hung up on. They only care about the look, not the performance, the handling, the spirit of what the car is.

I plan to go to an event someday, and that would be my spiel. Yes it's an EV, but it drives like a Mustang and that is what the creators or it intended which is why it IS a Mustang.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
I look at it this way, a hundred years ago people who had an automobile were mocked by those with horses. Eventually, everyone had an automobile.

The ICE Mustang owners may look side eyed at the Mustang Mach-E, but they'll eventually have one. It is every bit a Mustang. Just the new breed.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I haven't gone and don't know that I would go.

Part of it is the controversy. Based on the reports on here, some people get really passionate about what a Mustang should or shouldn't be. I don't care to have that argument; why bother subjecting myself to any of that negativity?

The other part of it is that up until EVs, I was never a "car guy." Efficiency, comfort, and value were the things that mattered - not much else. But with EVs I feel a greater passion and excitement. I could imagine going to an EV-based automotive club or showing, because I find them interesting, I want to know what else is out there, and at the end of the day maybe it's mostly being interested in the technology integrated into the vehicle. Mustangs? Sure, I'll try to make eye contact with other Mustangs on the road to see if there's any friendly acknowledgement, but it never happens - unless they're in a Mach-E, and then it seems to happen about half the time. I can admire a gas-powered Mustang but I am not really interested in them beyond wishing the Mach-E had some of their paint and stripe options.
Sponsored