Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’d not go for that at all. I negligently failed to order the water tight, snorkel version of the MME.
You just need to get the auto RORO with the sleeper berth.
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I would so do this! Only problem is ABRP clearly shows a lack of chargers between Cuautitlan and the border.
My friend was planning to drive his back from the plant down there also. Can't like you said there are about 450 miles with no charging.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My friend was planning to drive his back from the plant down there also. Can't like you said there are about 450 miles with no charging.
A professor of mine told a story of long ago when he was a grad student. He took a job to drive a van to Central America for a field station. He found that "hostess bars" were the only ones that reliably had cold beer. Maybe they have someplace you could stick your charger, too.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
A professor of mine told a story of long ago when he was a grad student. He took a job to drive a van to Central America for a field station. He found that "hostess bars" were the only ones that reliably had cold beer. Maybe they have someplace you could stick your charger, too.
beer and no water. I got sick once from bad food and water in Mexico thought I was gonna die. Now beer and other tasty beverages.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
oh come on we've had this conversation before this is a family forum

we don't talk about sticking things in other things here

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I also belong to an airline forum. A couple of airlines have arranged for tours of their facilities for “super fans” of the airline over the years. In this case, we are talking about people who not only spend huge amounts of money flying in premium cabins internationally, but who also know every bit of minutiae about the airline the way we do our cars and obsess over aircraft interiors the way we do over door handles or seat motion ?

it would be nice if somehow it would be possible to get a tour of where our cars are made. I’d love to see it!
There are airline “superfans”? :)

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
There are airline “superfans”? :)
As much as I will love my Mach-E, I will spend more hours in airplanes (as a passenger) than in my Mach-E (post-COVID). In 2019, I flew a bit over 175,000 miles just on Delta. In addition to giving me the travel I purchase, they take very good care of me in many other ways. I doubt that Ford will do much for me beyond a few included charges (since the charges are only obtained by buying the car, the charges are not free--they are part of what I am buying). Point is--I am much more of a fan of Delta than of Ford. To me, the Mach-E purchase is a simple transaction. A great transaction, but just a transaction.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
In 2019, I flew a bit over 175,000 miles just on Delta
I'll tell you the same thing I told every other passenger I ran into on long haul flights who had similar annual mileage, "My condolences."

The Mach-e is more comfortable. And the rest stops happen when you want them to. :)

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'll tell you the same thing I told every other passenger I ran into on long haul flights who had similar annual mileage, "My condolences."

The Mach-e is more comfortable. And the rest stops happen when you want them to. :)
Understandable. I have to admit, however, that I actually enjoy the flying process. Not as much as when I was the guy with the stick in my hand but all of my flying now is by personal choice and to interesting places so the travel is a means to an end and I have to admit that I enjoy the Delta One suites and the quiet time that flying like that provides. 2020 has been tough going from a lot of air miles in 2019 to zero miles in 2020. Now, I am hoping to have my hands on my Mach-E before I scan my next boarding pass.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag