billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
My wife diagnosed a new condition we're calling "Mustang Neck." It can strike both passersby and nearby drivers - symptoms include sudden involuntary swiveling of the head to track the car as it passes and potentially involuntary gaping. Often the victim is not even aware of their actions.

Long-term side effects are not well understood yet, and should probably be evaluated by actual doctors. Anecdotal evidence suggests a correlation between cases of Mustang Neck and a sudden interest in owning an EV.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My wife has diagnosed a new condition we're calling "Mustang Head." It can strike both passersby and nearby drivers - symptoms include sudden involuntary swiveling of the head to track the car as it passes and potentially involuntary gaping. Often the victim is not even aware of their actions.

Long-term side effects are not well understood yet, and should probably be evaluated by actual doctors. Anecdotal evidence suggests a correlation between cases of Mustang Head and a sudden interest in owning an EV.
Chronic and progressive in nature, prognosis: excellent with treatment. Highly contagious.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I would add that head swivel snap also applies to passengers in the car "can you please stop accelerating so hard, or at least warn us..."

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
My son and I witnessed a terminal case when coming back from Walnut Creek while waiting at a light. A group of people who were outdoor dining stopped their conversation, and just stared.

So there you have it; the solution to a global food shortage is more Mustang Mach-Es!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Based on the title of the thread, I thought there was going to be an OnlyFans link 😀😀😀😀

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
Your name for it is..uh, interesting. Here we typically hear the phrase Breaking necks :cool:

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
My girlfriend prides herself on Mustang Head

EV_Pilot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 17 Ridgeline, 13 Leaf(sold)
Country flag
I know you all are joking, but my Mach E caused actual neck pain a few days ago. I had pulled a muscle in my neck and upper back area a few days before. Pulled onto a highway on ramp and accelerated hard….OUCH. It pulled my head back enough to tweak that muscle again. Driving slower until I fully recover. 🤣

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I was expecting an entirely different type of thread, especially when it started with “my wife and I”
yeah, I admit I thought this would be a reference to my college dance career.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
There’s the turn and stares and then there’s also the laugh, which I’m sure not which way to take. Beware of long drive through lines with outdoor seating. If Mustang Neck lasts longer than four hours, notify the NHTSA and stop pressing the pedal so hard.
Sponsored