BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
She looks great, I will be doing the same grill when I ever receive my Star White MME. The side stripe brings back the 70's for me so while it does look great I will just de-badge my doors.
Have you considered doing the bottom valance below the "Mustache" in black? i've seen it on a few MME's so far and will be attempting that as well,

Good luck and enjoy,

Tony
Sponsored

OP
OP
GW Shark

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
She looks great, I will be doing the same grill when I ever receive my Star White MME. The side stripe brings back the 70's for me so while it does look great I will just de-badge my doors.
Have you considered doing the bottom valance below the "Mustache" in black? i've seen it on a few MME's so far and will be attempting that as well,

Good luck and enjoy,

Tony
Yea - I still am leaving that mod on the table so I'll look forward to your pics! Thanks for the comments!

Jim Guthry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I really like the retro throwback with the side stripes on a futuristic looking car - I think I'll have to do the same on my space white GT. Are those glossy or matte?

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder how those mods would look like on Space White?

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Someone on the board said it best - Star White is a "whiteboard" for making the MME yours.
  • -Suntek Ultra PPF full front, partial hood and sides/mirrors
  • -light polishing and full ceramic coating using Gtechniq CSL, Halo,Exo4 - the time is in the prep and having the appropriate tools/pads and cleaning/coating products.
  • -Side stripe by Auto Design - I would advise professional installation if you can. I found this was pretty difficult - but it was successful in the end.
  • -Grabber Blue calipers - she needed a splash of color. Had a custom audio shop, of all folks, custom mix the color and do a great job.
  • -Grill Decal - This was the hardest. I originally purchased a decal from StruckNDesign, but became less enthusiastic in my choice over time (not their fault). I asked a local vinyl graphics shop to imitate the GT grill and they knocked it out of the park. Guerrilla Graphics did the design, printing and installation GGRFX.COM (I'll post pics of that process too.)
  • Window tinting - 35% on front side windows and 80% on front windshield (Llumar ceramic tint)

This is the first car I've ever "customized" and it is a blast. Better photos to follow soon. If you have any questions, please fire away!

IMG_3283.JPG
IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3464.jpg
l
I love that you named her Sal E (which is what I named mine)

OP
OP
GW Shark

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I really like the retro throwback with the side stripes on a futuristic looking car - I think I'll have to do the same on my space white GT. Are those glossy or matte?
Glossy - goes perfect with the glossy black trim of the MME.

OP
OP
GW Shark

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I wonder how those mods would look like on Space White?
I think they all would work well with Space White - which has a bluish gray tinge to it.

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Amazing job! I love the combo of white and blue. Has me thinking if white calipers would look cool and unique, or just weird on my IB…

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Love it. I’ve seen this side stripe before and it is the one I like the most, but I just can’t come up with a color that would work for my black one that I like.

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
Someone on the board said it best - Star White is a "whiteboard" for making the MME yours.
  • -light polishing and full ceramic coating using Gtechniq CSL, Halo,Exo4 - the time is in the prep and having the appropriate tools/pads and cleaning/coating products.
  • -Side stripe by Auto Design - I would advise professional installation if you can. I found this was pretty difficult - but it was successful in the end.
  • -Grabber Blue calipers - she needed a splash of color. Had a custom audio shop, of all folks, custom mix the color and do a great job.
  • -Grill Decal - This was the hardest. I originally purchased a decal from StruckNDesign, but became less enthusiastic in my choice over time (not their fault). I asked a local vinyl graphics shop to imitate the GT grill and they knocked it out of the park. Guerrilla Graphics did the design, printing and installation GGRFX.COM (I'll post pics of that process too.)
  • Window tinting - 35% on front side windows and 80% on front windshield (Llumar ceramic tint)

This is the first car I've ever "customized" and it is a blast. Better photos to follow soon. If you have any questions, please fire away!

IMG_3283.JPG
IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3464.jpg
l
Nice!! Did ppf go over the decal or vice versa? Did you consider wrapping the lower bumper in black or in the grille design?

OP
OP
GW Shark

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Nice!! Did ppf go over the decal or vice versa? Did you consider wrapping the lower bumper in black or in the grille design?
Thanks! According to my PPF installer and others on the forum, PPF first, then wrap, finally wax or ceramic coating. It makes sense, when you think about it. The PPF is like a long lasting skin that protects the paint from minor rock chip damage (your PPF installer should clean your paint well before application). The decal is mainly for looks (mine is actually raised, not flat) but offers additional protection. The white MME front is a bug magnet - you'll appreciate the dark front quickly! Then the coating (wax or ceramic) for additional paint protection (contamination, light top coat scratches) and that great shine/ease of cleaning. Of course, I'm not a pro, but that's what my research suggests - and, so far, I'm very satisfied with the results.

Autogeeks.com is a great site/forum for the auto detailing world - but like anything, it's easy to get overwhelmed. There are some good videos by Chicago Auto Pros on Youtube, as well. I'm going to keep a eye on forum pics regarding the lower bumper. I can always add it later, but would probably go with a glossy black to match the MME trim.

Debangor

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

IMG_3283.JPG
IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3464.jpg
l
Looks great! I added a bug shield on my red MME which sets it off a little better. Love the skin that makes it look like a GT grill.