My 2022 mach started accelerating without prompt ?!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
First, turn speed sign recognition off. Second, be aware that accidentally pressing the adaptive cruise control button at the left of your steering wheel, will accelerate to "resume" your last cruise control speed. I have inadvertently pressed it with my palm, and had the vehicle speed up to my surprise.
Yup. This is almost certainly what happened. That’s why it often happens unexpectedly when turning the steering wheel - your palm accidentally engages the magic button.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Adaptive cruise control can definitely be activated on accident, I’ve had it happen in a parking lot because the button is placed in the perfect spot to hit it when you do a full steering wheel revolution, it’s pretty scary if you don’t know what’s going on
This.

Trigger

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
It stops after braking , mind you cruise control wasn't activated while I was parking or coming out of a uturn because cruise control can't be activated unless your driving at a higher speed (at least in 30k driving experience in my mach e)
Cruise control with stop and go can be set from a full stop if you have your foot on the brake and accidentally press the SET button. The default resume speed is 15MPH but there is an indicator on the instrument panel that shows that 15MPH speed set. There needs to be a car in front of you for this feature to work.

From page 240 of '23 Mach e manual:

Adaptive Cruise Control
Setting the Adaptive Cruise Speed from a Complete Stop
Press the toggle button upward or downward while keeping the
brake pedal fully pressed.

The set speed adjusts to 15 mph when in imperial units or 20 km/h when in metric units.
The indicator, current gap setting and set speed appear in the instrument cluster display.

Note: The system activates from a complete stop only when it detects a lead vehicle in close proximity.
Sponsored