My Mach-E Experience ; 474 days with Bluecruise and Autopilot-360 Broken - no help in sight

Ungorok

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
Country flag
Updates
  • Had a user reach out and look up in FDRS ; apparently I have pending updates on:
    • Body Control Module BCM
    • Gateway Module A GWM
  • Confirmed Connection Sessions made to the car in:
    • June / July 2022
    • June / July 2023
    • In none of these sessions is there an electronic record of anything done to the software, other than a basic dealership connection.
  • Contemplating finding another dealer that knows what they're doing if anyone knows any dealers in Eastern/Central Massachusetts they have a good relationship with (and possibly a contact) - would be deeply appreciated - feel free to DM me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted to tell my story and hope someone can tell me what I actually need to do to get Ford to fix it.

I bought my Mach-E used in June of 2022. The manufacture date of the car is January 2021 - so I'm pretty positive it's a build one.
  • Prior to taking delivery, the dealer told me they were 'updating Bluecruise' - upon test drive it was not working, but they assured me I'd get the activation in a few days. Of course that never came.
  • I got a written 'We Owe' from the sales dept. for 'blue cruise update under factory warranty'.
  • It took me about a week of ownership to figure out the Autopilot-360 stuff (Lane centering, park assist) - would not function either.
  • I took it back to the dealer - they tried the updates a few more times, said they weren't taking.

6 Months Later - December 2022

• Enjoyed the car overall, and didn't really have problems other than my Wife's 2022 Bronco Sport with the Copilot Assist (Lane centering) - was actually much better driving experience long highway - a pretty big letdown for me.
  • Cruise control activation very buggy on the display side - it will show me hands free indicator on startup, then if I try to turn on cruise won't show the green MPH I have set unless I toggle the lane keeping button on the steering wheel on-and-off real quick.
  • Have called Ford support a few times, always get bounced around and nobody knows much.
  • I call back into the dealer - they tell me it's a known issue and they've halted all Bluecruise updates on 2021 Models. "Check back in a few months"

6 Months Later - June 2023
  • I get the additional key promo and take it into the dealer for service and new key. explain situation to Service Advisor - indicate I have the 'Hands Free' indicator showing, and a buggy experience around my cruise control.
  • A few days later I get a call that the Bluecruise update was successful! But key will take a week to arrive, so I might as well pick the car up. Surprise surprise no change in my experience at all - same bugs around cruise display.
  • Take it back again when getting key programmed I am being told by the service advisor "We've been on the line with Ford and they told us to leave it because anything we do makes it worse."

2 Months later - August 2023
  • New updates start rolling in more regularly to the car - interface overhaul etc.
  • I decide to run the Ford customer support help lines gauntlet again. OTA Team comes closest to telling me to actually do something - but whatever operation they're trying to get me to do - wait 30min with car on - General Settings > About Sync > Check for Auto Drive version etc. ; nothing shows up.
  • I see something about version 4.3.6 being rolled out which 'completes Bluecruise update for active assist prep package' - have not seen that myself.

In Closing

I'm at a total loss - I've expressed my problem multiple multiple times, radio silence from Ford in regards to actually communicating I have a known issue or if a real fix is in progress. I've very disappointed in the level of help I have been getting. What do I need to do? Just go over to my dealer and make a lot of noise?

I work IT so I'm generally in the mindset that behavior doesn't generally lead to solutions.

I'm locked into owning this car as of course with everything around prices the resell value is just not what it was ; and I understand that - I know there was risk around this purchase as an early adopter.

Appreciate those for reading and thanks in advance for any advice I can get on what I should do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Want to PM me your VIN?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
You can request that they get an onsite support engineer. Not sure if you knew that.

You can also open a case with the BEV team if you haven't done that. (800) 392-3673

PaulA

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MINI Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Updates
  • Had a user reach out and look up in FDRS ; apparently I have pending updates on:
    • Body Control Module BCM
    • Gateway Module A GWM
  • Confirmed Connection Sessions made to the car in:
    • June / July 2022
    • June / July 2023
    • In none of these sessions is there an electronic record of anything done to the software, other than a basic dealership connection.
  • Contemplating finding another dealer that knows what they're doing if anyone knows any dealers in Eastern/Central Massachusetts they have a good relationship with (and possibly a contact) - would be deeply appreciated - feel free to DM me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted to tell my story and hope someone can tell me what I actually need to do to get Ford to fix it.

I bought my Mach-E used in June of 2022. The manufacture date of the car is January 2021 - so I'm pretty positive it's a build one.
  • Prior to taking delivery, the dealer told me they were 'updating Bluecruise' - upon test drive it was not working, but they assured me I'd get the activation in a few days. Of course that never came.
  • I got a written 'We Owe' from the sales dept. for 'blue cruise update under factory warranty'.
  • It took me about a week of ownership to figure out the Autopilot-360 stuff (Lane centering, park assist) - would not function either.
  • I took it back to the dealer - they tried the updates a few more times, said they weren't taking.

6 Months Later - December 2022

• Enjoyed the car overall, and didn't really have problems other than my Wife's 2022 Bronco Sport with the Copilot Assist (Lane centering) - was actually much better driving experience long highway - a pretty big letdown for me.
  • Cruise control activation very buggy on the display side - it will show me hands free indicator on startup, then if I try to turn on cruise won't show the green MPH I have set unless I toggle the lane keeping button on the steering wheel on-and-off real quick.
  • Have called Ford support a few times, always get bounced around and nobody knows much.
  • I call back into the dealer - they tell me it's a known issue and they've halted all Bluecruise updates on 2021 Models. "Check back in a few months"

6 Months Later - June 2023
  • I get the additional key promo and take it into the dealer for service and new key. explain situation to Service Advisor - indicate I have the 'Hands Free' indicator showing, and a buggy experience around my cruise control.
  • A few days later I get a call that the Bluecruise update was successful! But key will take a week to arrive, so I might as well pick the car up. Surprise surprise no change in my experience at all - same bugs around cruise display.
  • Take it back again when getting key programmed I am being told by the service advisor "We've been on the line with Ford and they told us to leave it because anything we do makes it worse."

2 Months later - August 2023
  • New updates start rolling in more regularly to the car - interface overhaul etc.
  • I decide to run the Ford customer support help lines gauntlet again. OTA Team comes closest to telling me to actually do something - but whatever operation they're trying to get me to do - wait 30min with car on - General Settings > About Sync > Check for Auto Drive version etc. ; nothing shows up.
  • I see something about version 4.3.6 being rolled out which 'completes Bluecruise update for active assist prep package' - have not seen that myself.

In Closing

I'm at a total loss - I've expressed my problem multiple multiple times, radio silence from Ford in regards to actually communicating I have a known issue or if a real fix is in progress. I've very disappointed in the level of help I have been getting. What do I need to do? Just go over to my dealer and make a lot of noise?

I work IT so I'm generally in the mindset that behavior doesn't generally lead to solutions.

I'm locked into owning this car as of course with everything around prices the resell value is just not what it was ; and I understand that - I know there was risk around this purchase as an early adopter.

Appreciate those for reading and thanks in advance for any advice I can get on what I should do.
I wish I could offer a word of encouragement, but I’m in the same situation. I ordered our MME in December, 2020 and took delivery July 22, 2022. Blue Cruise has never worked. I gave up on the dealership where I purchased the car, as they showed they had neither the expertise nor the inclination to fix the car. The second dealer eventually was able to update the software but still no BlueCruise. I opened a case with Ford about a year ago and the lady said all the right things. She then went silent. I’ve called and texted asking that she return my call. No reply. The service manager at the second dealership claims to have called Ford on multiple occasions and has also received no replies. Sadly, I think Ford is waiting out the clock until my warranty expires. Ford has produced a decent car with some flaws. They seem hell bent on turning It into the Edsel II.

OP
OP
Ungorok

Ungorok

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
Country flag
Yeah I def feel you on frustrations about opaque communication channels with ford.

Even some acknowledgement that there are know issues delivering promises to active assist prep package or whatever.

I'd even just be happy with getting Autopilot360 / Lane centering back at this point.

PaulA

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MINI Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My earlier post had a typo: We took delivery on July 22, 2021. So I’ve been living with this situation for a year longer than I mentioned. I’d think that someone at Ford would do the mental math and compute the very real, very negative impact of their cavalier attitude towards early adopters. I can’t count the times I’ve told prospective EV buyers that I still sort of like the car but that either Ford doesn’t seem to know what they’re doing or that they know what they’re doing and don’t care.
Sponsored