Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red AWD ER
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Thanks and excited to be a part of the MME family! I am in central NC. Maybe we will cross paths when I next head to the coast.
Nice to see another Central NC MME, maybe we’ll see each other on the road!

Jealous of you having blucruise and new updates already on yours, hoping mine will get the updates soon! Really cool to see Premiums coming with bluecruise now, there really is no reason why we shouldn’t have it now and eager for that update, even though I’m still waiting on the 1.7.1 update to come through for me.

Have you found a place to do the PPF at a reasonable rate in the area?
Sponsored

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
OP
OP
Electric Dreams
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Nice to see another Central NC MME, maybe we’ll see each other on the road!

Jealous of you having blucruise and new updates already on yours, hoping mine will get the updates soon! Really cool to see Premiums coming with bluecruise now, there really is no reason why we shouldn’t have it now and eager for that update, even though I’m still waiting on the 1.7.1 update to come through for me.

Have you found a place to do the PPF at a reasonable rate in the area?
I am in Burlington. A friend operates Sun Stoppers Burlington. I am looking at the following:
  • XPEL Ultimate PPF for full front end, front edge of roof, front side of the rear wheels, all pillars and black gloss.
  • XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic on body, glass and wheels
  • XPEL PRIME XR ceramic window tint on front windows to match rear. Clear tint on windshield and rear windows for UV protection
I don't have an exact quote but he indicated it should be around $2,500.

OP
OP
Electric Dreams
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Do you happend to be in the reserch triangle area by any chance? I ordered mine at the delear here and no communications so far. They said i can use xplan on delivery. I rather change my booking if you had a better experience
I am in Burlington. My
No communication is pretty much par for the course. Ford keeps the dealers just as uninformed as they keep us, up until the point the VVR is available.
Exactly right. I had zero communication from the time I placed order online after test drive in March until the MME arrived. All of my information came from Ford website and tracking tools mentioned in these forums.

OP
OP
Electric Dreams
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
is there anything official from Ford on this? Is the dealership expected to provide the second, or does the plant send a second automatically?
I have seen several other recent posts where new non-GT owners with build dates earlier than mine received a 2nd fob. Still no dice for me. If this is now standard, Ford is definitely not consistent on all builds.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Do they close funk as well, or only open?
The frunk isn't powered, so the button only releases the catch. It doesn't really open the frunk. ?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
question on the electronic trunk release: did ford add a key combination on the keypad to open the frunk? I know it was mentioned early on, but I don't think they actually implemented it that way. It would be so much more useful than having to dig out my phone, open the app, and hit the frunk button. Also, does the frunk button in the app require PaaK?

@Ford Motor Company are you aware of this?
YES! I would love to be able to open the frunk from the driver's door keypad!

Iknownothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer ST
Country flag
I am in Burlington. A friend operates Sun Stoppers Burlington. I am looking at the following:
  • XPEL Ultimate PPF for full front end, front edge of roof, front side of the rear wheels, all pillars and black gloss.
  • XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic on body, glass and wheels
  • XPEL PRIME XR ceramic window tint on front windows to match rear. Clear tint on windshield and rear windows for UV protection
I don't have an exact quote but he indicated it should be around $2,500.
This would be an exceptional price. For almost the exact same service I was getting quotes for almost $5k in Denver.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Lpearson

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5. And jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
My Space White Premium AWD ER Mach-E arrived earlier than scheduled in NC on Friday (10/15) and I took her home Saturday. Ordered 3/26, build completed 9/16, shipped 9/18 and delivery was scheduled for 10/27 - 11/3.

Thought I would share some early observations:
  • I had the option to purchase online using X-Plan so dealer agreed to process on-site even though no prior commitment.
  • After 6 months of waiting and reading in these forums, I knew way more about the car than the dealer. I expect that is the norm. (They told me I get 6 free oil changes)
  • Profile settings completed in FordPass had not applied at delivery. I set up profile at dealer and had to delete 2nd profile when it applied a couple hours later.
  • Seems to be a decent delay in any settings applied via FordPass. I had much better success applying charging preferences and other customizations in vehicle.
  • PAAK working pretty well so far as long as I keep in running in the background on iPhone 12 Pro Max. I have had a couple of no key detected instances but cycling start button seems to correct.
  • No 2nd key fob provided.
  • Frunk button on display and in FordPass both functioning.
  • BlueCruise is active and looking forward to testing soon.
  • Love the look of the car and the feel of EV instant power. Still getting the feel for one pedal driving.
Planning to add PPF and ceramic coating later this week along with vinyl grille wrap!
I have The exact same car on the way. Very excited. Congratulations on getting yours ordered April 1st. Built August 9th. Shipped October 9th. Hoping it’s here soon ?

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Is this a new policy, or only if requested?
According to the Ford SMB, your car should have been shipped with 2 FOBs. I would like to think that this was an honest mistake by the dealer and they forgot to give you your second fob. There is always the chance that they took advantage of customer confusion and kept the second one for themselves :(

OP
OP
Electric Dreams
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
According to the Ford SMB, your car should have been shipped with 2 FOBs. I would like to think that this was an honest mistake by the dealer and they forgot to give you your second fob. There is always the chance that they took advantage of customer confusion and kept the second one for themselves :(
Anything is possible. I did inquire and dealer assured me that the car arrived with a single fob. I have seen another post in the forums where a GTPE (same 9/6 build week) arrived with only a single fob. Either someone at Ford missed the memo for our build week or something is amiss.
Sponsored