My Mach-E with panel gap issue

pmoc09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max
Country flag
After reading your thread. Noticed a couple issues on mine as well! Found liftgate as well as driver and rear doors misaligned ?. The dealer I bought from is 1 hour away. Hopefully a dealer closer to me will be able rectify these issues. ?

door-misaligned.png

PXL_20210221_161742982.jpg
An update: I was able to take my car to a dealer closer to my home and they were able fix the issues in a couple of hours. I'm all set! ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
An update: I was able to take my car to a dealer closer to my home and they were able fix the issues in a couple of hours. I'm all set! ?
nice - dealer network and minor adjustments FTW :D

OP
OP

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
Yes. They adjusted the gap for me too and fixes the seal. The good news they will replace my bumpers but no ETA for When the parts will arrived.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
These gaps aren't horrible, but they are notiecable and should have been caught in inspections. Ford, let's not let things lapse into Tesla's quality control problems.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
My biggest concern now still waiting for a car that spent over a month in KC. I know transport damage happens but this seems excessive for the OP.

Thats sad to hear and see - hope the dealer fixes them soon. The scratches and some damage we have heard here before but not the rear panel alignment issues. When was your s built - wondering if the additional transport to QC change added to the likelihood of damage

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My biggest concern now still waiting for a car that spent over a month in KC. I know transport damage happens but this seems excessive for the OP.
Yes agreed -

OP
OP

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
Yes. It is sad that I have to replace the bumpers for my new car.
It is just bad luck for me. Don't worry too much.
Hopefully, in the future, they can improve and streamline their shipping.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yea, bad enough when an accident happens within the first year, good luck with the corrections!

If they damage the front of mine I'll just have to get one without the license plate bracket, lemons to lemonade as they say. ;) Shipping may always be at the mercy of the transport drivers themselves, the less loads/unloads the better.

Yes. It is sad that I have to replace the bumpers for my new car.
It is just bad luck for me. Don't worry too much.
Hopefully, in the future, they can improve and streamline their shipping.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It can be easily fixed, body panels get adjusted all the time.

As long as it's done before you take the car home, there should be no argument from the dealer. After sale, that might get harder to get them to agree you didn't do it yourself.
I bought my Bolt from a dealer in Oregon and had it shipped via 3rd party trucking company to me in Wisconsin. One of the doors was misaligned. The local Chevy dealer fixed it without any question. I kept the Bolt 4 years and the problem never recurred. I would expect the same from Ford.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yea, bad enough when an accident happens within the first year, good luck with the corrections!

If they damage the front of mine I'll just have to get one without the license plate bracket, lemons to lemonade as they say. ;) Shipping may always be at the mercy of the transport drivers themselves, the less loads/unloads the better.
Do you have a ball peen hammer?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My Mach-E arrived at the dealer site on Friday (2/12). I didn't get a chance to post until now because I was out of town.

I was pretty sad about the condition of the new car.

After multiple rounds of delay related to quality, I am surprised by what I saw. It is pretty bang-up for a new car with only 10 miles.

1. Bad alignment of the liftgate.

I wasn't even checking for panels gap, just walking around my car in excitement when I notice the left rubber seal for the liftgate sticking out weirdly. When I take a closer look, I realized the alignment of the liftgate is off. The gap on the left side is too tight and squeezed the rubber seal out. The right rubber seal looks strange also.

2. Dents on the rear bumper.
They seem to be caused by the license plate from the Mach-E behind my car.

3. There are scratches on the bottom of the front bumpers. Most likely caused by some guys that drive the car up/down the ramp at an excessive speed.

4. There is a Dent on the driver-side rocker panel.

I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday. They told me they have to keep the car for the day, because they are not sure how to fix it. :-(

tempImagepSwIqp.png

tempImage7GDQvg.png

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It can be easily fixed, body panels get adjusted all the time.

As long as it's done before you take the car home, there should be no argument from the dealer. After sale, that might get harder to get them to agree you didn't do it yourself.
My Mach-E arrived at the dealer site on Friday (2/12). I didn't get a chance to post until now because I was out of town.

I was pretty sad about the condition of the new car.

After multiple rounds of delay related to quality, I am surprised by what I saw. It is pretty bang-up for a new car with only 10 miles.

1. Bad alignment of the liftgate.

I wasn't even checking for panels gap, just walking around my car in excitement when I notice the left rubber seal for the liftgate sticking out weirdly. When I take a closer look, I realized the alignment of the liftgate is off. The gap on the left side is too tight and squeezed the rubber seal out. The right rubber seal looks strange also.

2. Dents on the rear bumper.
They seem to be caused by the license plate from the Mach-E behind my car.

3. There are scratches on the bottom of the front bumpers. Most likely caused by some guys that drive the car up/down the ramp at an excessive speed.

4. There is a Dent on the driver-side rocker panel.

I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday. They told me they have to keep the car for the day, because they are not sure how to fix it. :-(

tempImagepSwIqp.png

tempImage7GDQvg.png
Yup my GT arrived with the tail gate being way off at close and the top of the roof and tail gate as pictured

C6A6098A-F92B-422F-BE62-CB3418B06562.jpeg

9278703D-8970-4066-80C6-8FBD5880F3F8.jpeg

D291F255-6177-4DC9-BDE0-554DE1627FCB.jpeg