MELVYN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Mach E decided it would not go above 35 mph yesterday, no I did not inadvertently engage speed limiter, I had just joined a fast duel carriageway so had to travel about four miles with Hazards on until I reached a layby, turned it off and on checked settings and locked / unlocked then tried it again and it was fine and been ok today if anyone else has suffered this or any ideas as to what went wrong I would appreciate your feedback.
Sponsored

igotnoclevername

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia/QX60, Maybe Bronco 6G WT/Lightning/Mach E
Country flag
Carriageway? Layby? It's like you're speaking English and a foreign language at the same time!!!!!

Jokes aside I haven't heard of that happening, and I'm not sure I've read about it here.

GadgetTech

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E Primium Shadow Black
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Did you notice the turtle icon in your smaller display indicating it was running in reduced power? Still odd that it happened randomly. It would normally go into limp mode with errors...

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
no I did not inadvertently engage speed limiter,
I heard that when the chip shortage happened they borrowed some chips from Golf carts, could be that you triggered it :)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Did you notice the turtle icon in your smaller display indicating it was running in reduced power? Still odd that it happened randomly. It would normally go into limp mode with errors...
It’s a turtle with a tophat over there

OP
OP

MEL DAY

First Name
MELVYN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

OP
OP

MEL DAY

First Name
MELVYN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I assume the turtle is in the FUN mode screen I did look for error warning lights and messages but there were none thogh for those few miles at 35 mph with Hazards on a 70 plus road I spent most of my time looking in the rear view mirror no I wasn't in reverse I did check for errors or fault codes when I got home in the car and on app but there none.were none.

GadgetTech

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E Primium Shadow Black
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I assume the turtle is in the FUN mode screen I did look for error warning lights and messages but there were none thogh for those few miles at 35 mph with Hazards on a 70 plus road I spent most of my time looking in the rear view mirror no I wasn't in reverse I did check for errors or fault codes when I got home in the car and on app but there none.were none.
Fair enough, yeah I understand wanting to not get hit by someone when you can't drive very fast. For reference when I speak of the turtle I'm referring to this little guy. Indicated its in limp mode just for future reference.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach E would not go above 35 MPH 5F97BECA-374E-4E7F-8D90-C851FCCA0370

OP
OP

MEL DAY

First Name
MELVYN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you Garrett,

I thought I glimpsed the odd flashing light but did not really focus on them if it happens again the small lower screen will be my first glance but very surprised that there is no record of the fault though the SOS light in the interior light switch panel was flashing for a while when I stopped.

JohnG789

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 540c, , Abarth 124 spider ,SLK AMG, Mach-e
Occupation
Managing Director
Country flag
Thought it was a tortoise …..

OP
OP

MEL DAY

First Name
MELVYN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thought it was a tortoise …..
I thought it was a Tortoise too but it seems not on my UK spec car as it's not showing on my instrument Information bar but according to the Manuel there should be

a car with an exclamation mark meaning Stop Safely E288355 It illuminates if an electrical component requires service or a failure that causes your vehicle to shutdown or enter into a limited operating mode.

It's not played up since so fingerscrossed ? it's a one off gremlin. Best regards, Mel.
Sponsored