Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Extended Premium, VW Golf
Occupation
Computer geek
Country flag
NO but that applies to buying an electric car in general. Also: the way Ford handled the HVBJB recall.

We often drive between Ontario and Quebec and the range loss and charging time in cold weather made us trade it for an ICE (wanted plug-in hybrid but nothing available before 2024). Our next car will be a cheap around-town EV (as our 2nd car) or we'll wait for the next generation of batteries / green fuel. Gotta be able to do 800km/500mi in the winter without adding 6 hours compared to ICE.

The way Ford handled the HVBJB situation was the final straw. I would have preferred to pro-actively go to my dealership and schedule the replacement instead of having the car tell me it "might shut down unexpectedtly" when I'm in the middle of nowhere, knowing full well it was bound to happen.
Sponsored

Romano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Unfortunately, I have to say NO. I've owned the MME (AWD SR) for almost a year and sold it to buy a Model Y RWD (only available outside of the US).

Main reason to switch to a Model Y is software. My personal opinion is that Ford's Sync is just not good enough for a car that expensive. It's laggy, buggy and not very intuitive. Also, in the EU, I have not seen a single OTA update in the full year that I owned it. For the updates I have seen being rolled out in the US, I have not been very impressed with the improvements either.

Therefore, for a car that relies so much on its software/infotainment, I decided to sell it (at a big loss). All of the above also applies to Ford Pass (phone app). PAAK has been consistently unreliable. The features that can be controlled through the app are slow to respond. Unlocking/starting the car remotely would often take 20 secs and sometimes even timeout entirely. I don't expect this to be a regional connectivity issue, as the Netherlands is not necessarily a rural area.

Having owned the Model Y for a week, for me personally, it's a much better car. The SW experience is a night and day difference. Like a 10 year ahead kind of difference. I hope Ford can get better at SW, as the car otherwise was pretty good (ride, build, looks).

Struggles like the charging infrastructure, even where it is very well established like in the Netherlands, is not something Ford can fix all by itself. I will say it is a big plus for Tesla to have their own reliable supercharge network, that integrates very nicely with the car's navigation system.

Keep in mind that the Model Y RWD retails for approx. 50K euros vs. 65-70K euros for a comparable MME in the Netherlands, we don't get BlueCruise and no tax incentives.

Last edited:

SROSE

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
LOL - So, if your price point was double what you paid for the Mach E GT, why did you get a Mach E GT to start? Sometimes I can't tell if people are trolling or being serious.

I mean if your options were Porsche Taycan GTS, Model S Plaid, Lucid Air, Audi E-Tron GT, and Mach E GT.... and you landed on the Mach E... That's on you, not the Mach E. What gives, get a fat stacks bonus between when you got the Mach E and now?
Yes. Fat stacks and not wanting to deal with paying over 70K for a vehicle that can be outrun by a 1999 Honda Civic.

scrb31

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mercedes GL450, VW GLI
Occupation
Construction Operations Manager
Country flag
Yes. Fat stacks and not wanting to deal with paying over 70K for a vehicle that can be outrun by a 1999 Honda Civic.
Outrun by a Civic? In what world does a MME GT lose to a stock Civic? Even if you say it’s a Type R. The MME GT wins every time and doesn’t use gas in the process.

Also, congratulations on the fat stacks. Get a Lucid Air and own them all in style.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Unfortunately, I have to say NO. I've owned the MME (AWD SR) for almost a year and sold it to buy a Model Y RWD (only available outside of the US).

Main reason to switch to a Model Y is software. My personal opinion is that Ford's Sync is just not good enough for a car that expensive. It's laggy, buggy and not very intuitive. Also, in the EU, I have not seen a single OTA update in the full year that I owned it. For the updates I have seen being rolled out in the US, I have not been very impressed with the improvements either.

Therefore, for a car that relies so much on its software/infotainment, I decided to sell it (at a big loss). All of the above also applies to Ford Pass (phone app). PAAK has been consistently unreliable. The features that can be controlled through the app are slow to respond. Unlocking/starting the car remotely would often take 20 secs and sometimes even timeout entirely. I don't expect this to be a regional connectivity issue, as the Netherlands is not necessarily a rural area.

Having owned the Model Y for a week, for me personally, it's a much better car. The SW experience is a night and day difference. Like a 10 year ahead kind of difference. I hope Ford can get better at SW, as the car otherwise was pretty good (ride, build, looks).

Struggles like the charging infrastructure, even where it is very well established like in the Netherlands, is not something Ford can fix all by itself. I will say it is a big plus for Tesla to have their own reliable supercharge network, that integrates very nicely with the car's navigation system.

Keep in mind that the Model Y RWD retails for approx. 50K euros vs. 65-70K euros for a comparable MME in the Netherlands, we don't get BlueCruise and no tax incentives.
Your review and those of the others are really very interesting and valuable especially as they come from a genuinely strong position of experience and knowledge for which I thank you all. For some time I suspected the Teslas are far better cars for the experience & range they offer if not for their looks about which I am no fan but I realise is subjective. If I can get over funding Musk and there are no alternatives by then I may just look at a Tesla when the time comes and I have 100,000 miles on the MME’s clock in another 18 months. One thing I can’t bring myself do is go back to ICE even as a hybrid with so much invested in a commitment to a fossil free fuelled car and heating system at home. Enjoy whatever BEV you have👍

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I would not buy again but it's mostly due to the price and HVBJB.

PAAK has improved a lot. I don't feel apprehensive about going out without the key fob. Charging at EA has improved a lot as well

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
So far between my '21 GT and '22 Prem Ext AWD I've only had one issue to speak of which is the seat belt module in the '21...pretty good experience all around (no hvbjb issues for me yet) but given the current pricing, rates, market conditions, I would not buy it now.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m in the same boat as you. Also we got parking assist & foot activated liftgate. $10k more expensive, less tax credit, higher Options interest rate, less features. Probably would have passed. Mine was $55,900 x-plan.

Why was your cost $2k higher for the same confirmation?
Sorry, I made a mistake…, x-plan price was $55,792……. Love driving the car, will be 1 year old 1-11-23, 10,000 miles, don’t drive it in snow, garage kept. Bill P

SROSE

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Outrun by a Civic? In what world does a MME GT lose to a stock Civic? Even if you say it’s a Type R. The MME GT wins every time and doesn’t use gas in the process.

Also, congratulations on the fat stacks. Get a Lucid Air and own them all in style.
The MME GT and PE are only quick from a stop and for a few seconds....after that its dead and a 99 Civic LX and even a 2004 Buick LeSabre, many common cars will walk away from any Mach-E at higher speeds after a few seconds.

scrb31

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mercedes GL450, VW GLI
Occupation
Construction Operations Manager
Country flag
The MME GT and PE are only quick from a stop and for a few seconds....after that its dead and a 99 Civic LX and even a 2004 Buick LeSabre, many common cars will walk away from any Mach-E at higher speeds after a few seconds.
I don't know why I always bite with trolls.

But, MME GT does the 1/4 mile in ~12.6 (PE does it slightly quicker I'd assume). The '23 Civic Type R does it in 13.9. 2nd grade math is hard... but, if I remember correctly 12.6 is less than 13.9.

The 1999 Civic LX does 0-60 in 10.8 seconds... 10.8 seconds > 3.8 seconds by a slight margin.

The Buick beats the pants off the Civic LX with a blistering 8.4 second 0-60 and a 16.5 second 1/4 mile.

So, I see your point, compared to these cars, the MME is quicker and faster..... The Civic Type R is $42,895 MSRP, its about the same speed as the base model MME, and more expensive in the US factoring tax incentives for the MME....

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No - even though I have not had a single problem, heat working fine, and great to drive. Why then - local dealer opted out of Model E program and after this December there will be no Ford EV service within 350 miles!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I'm still waiting for my first MME which should be here next week if Ford's tracker is correct.

Coming from a F150 Lightning, that truck is just amazing and hoping the MME will be the same.

SROSE

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I don't know why I always bite with trolls.

But, MME GT does the 1/4 mile in ~12.6 (PE does it slightly quicker I'd assume). The '23 Civic Type R does it in 13.9. 2nd grade math is hard... but, if I remember correctly 12.6 is less than 13.9.

The 1999 Civic LX does 0-60 in 10.8 seconds... 10.8 seconds > 3.8 seconds by a slight margin.

The Buick beats the pants off the Civic LX with a blistering 8.4 second 0-60 and a 16.5 second 1/4 mile.

So, I see your point, compared to these cars, the MME is quicker and faster..... The Civic Type R is $42,895 MSRP, its about the same speed as the base model MME, and more expensive in the US factoring tax incentives for the MME....
I'm not trolling. This is real life experience. 1/4 mile is only that....1/4 mile. After that the Mach-E loses power and a normal common every day car (ie. 2002 Toyota Corolla) will walk away from a MME GT at higher speeds on a highway.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I know this is a relatively small sample size but I’m seeing a lot of “No” in the replies and it’s mostly related to price. I hope Ford sees this and wakes up to make something competitive yet reasonably priced because I would like to see more advanced Mach-e in the future, just not at the current or higher prices.
Sponsored