My only complaint about charging on the road, Western NY

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
My daughter is going to the National Air Rifle Match in Camp Perry Ohio (again). We are in Central NY and a 5.5 hour trip would be 9 hours because western NY is devoid of fast chargers. It's the only direction I can't go and find a charger. It is a lonely road..... RT 17/86.

The upside is the punishment ain't so bad... we will take my 2000 Trans Am instead! An awesome road trip car! But that trip and paying for premium gas.....

I look forward to infrastructure build out!
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Interesting. ABRP shows the trip to camp Perry taking 9.5 hrs from my place up near Watertown. But only 1.5 hours of that is charging. 3 stops at about 30 minutes each. Doesn’t appear to be any great lapse in charging on PlugShare either. Where are you coming from that it’s adding 4 hours for you?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My daughter is going to the National Air Rifle Match in Camp Perry Ohio (again). We are in Central NY and a 5.5 hour trip would be 9 hours because western NY is devoid of fast chargers. It's the only direction I can't go and find a charger. It is a lonely road..... RT 17/86.

The upside is the punishment ain't so bad... we will take my 2000 Trans Am instead! An awesome road trip car! But that trip and paying for premium gas.....

I look forward to infrastructure build out!
Bath, Jamestown, ...
Sponsored