My wife just returned from her Mums 90th birthday and saw this car. I looked online and couldn’t ID it, any thoughts?

thedoc

First Name
Staffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-e 2021
Country flag
I may be missing it, but where does that sticker say that it was assembled in Germany?

I'm pretty sure that if Ford had a factory in Europe that was cranking out Mach-Es, we'd know about it.
In the lower R corner. It even gives you their mailcode in Cologne/Köln
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
No matter what car you buy these days, it will surely track your drives & whereabouts. So will your mobile phone.,
I agree, but I am a lot less concerned about Ford tracking me than I am about the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) tracking me.

thedoc

First Name
Staffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-e 2021
Country flag
I agree, but I am a lot less concerned about Ford tracking me than I am about the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) tracking me.
Yeah right. Once the data is on file somewhere, it's a commodity to be sold like any other product. Meta/facebook were just recently fined Billions for moving EU persons info to the USA w/o consent.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Manufacturer Identifier: WF0
Body type: 2 Door Saloon
Line: Ford Germany (Assembly by Affiliate)
Assembly Plant: Rheine Germany)
Model: 0

that's what the VIN says..
Well, if it also says that it's a 2 Door Saloon, I think it's safe to ignore whatever info it says there.

Do you have a copy of your window sticker?

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Funny that, a salesman’s best pitch on charge station at Gretna Green in UK was “it doesn’t look like a Volvo” 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ I thought it did, probably because it’s made by same firm who makes Volvo and didn’t have an answer when I asked why an EV needed a transmission tunnel🤷🏼‍♂️
I had the *same* experience when it launched - Polestar was at a local mall at the sales girl had zero idea it was basically a Volvo. No idea they were even connected. It's a strange proposition.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Of course I have. You're a hard man to please, and not just a little bit suspicious, but here goes:
1685370411246.png

ie. same VIN as on the sticker. My "interpretation" came from some Ford fan site. If you'd like to find out what it means, please do ! I still do believe my mach-e was assembled in Köln.

That's not a window sticker, but okay, I guess I'm done. No point in debating this since all Mach-Es sold outside of China are built at the same plant in Mexico.

thedoc

First Name
Staffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-e 2021
Country flag
That's not a window sticker, but okay, I guess I'm done. No point in debating this since all Mach-Es sold outside of China are built at the same plant in Mexico.
This is quite amusing, really. The photo through the windshield shows the VIN, just as the sticker between the doors does, starting with WF0 = Ford Werke A.G. Germany. Still, it would be assembled in Mexico ? Really?? Still, I can understand why you're not interested in discussing it, instead of finding out you actually learned something today !

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah right. Once the data is on file somewhere, it's a commodity to be sold like any other product. Meta/facebook were just recently fined Billions for moving EU persons info to the USA w/o consent.
I tend to agree with this. If you choose to own smart devices like phones and modern cars (and/or smart displays, TVs, etc), you should expect your data to be sold to the highest bidder. Personally I think the CCP has better things to do than track me and I also think that brands like Volvo and Polestar have more to lose than to gain by working this way, so I'm not losing sleep over it. I'd absolutely buy one if it met my requirements.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is quite amusing, really. The photo through the windshield shows the VIN, just as the sticker between the doors does, starting with WF0 = Ford Werke A.G. Germany. Still, it would be assembled in Mexico ? Really?? Still, I can understand why you're not interested in discussing it, instead of finding out you actually learned something today !
There's a reason I asked for the window sticker. The one that came with your car should say where it was assembled. It looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E My wife just returned from her Mums 90th birthday and saw this car. I looked online and couldn’t ID it, any thoughts? 1685375586962

thedoc

First Name
Staffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-e 2021
Country flag
There's a reason I asked for the window sticker. The one that came with your car should say where it was assembled. It looks like this:

1685375586962.png
That's a US thing. My car has TWO markings saying it was assembled at Ford Werke, Cologne, one sticker between the R side doors, and the VIN visible through the windshield. Feel free to claim they're all made in Mexico, if you prefer, but this ain't Vermont so now window sticker

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's a US thing. My car has TWO markings saying it was assembled at Ford Werke, Cologne, one sticker between the R side doors, and the VIN visible through the windshield. Feel free to claim they're all made in Mexico, if you prefer, but this ain't Vermont so now window sticker
The only thing you've posted that says that it was assembled in Germany was something pasted from some fan site. A mention of Germany on a sticker doesn't mean it was built there. And every European VIN starts with those digits. That doesn't mean they were all built in Germany any more than it means they are all 2 Door Saloons (whatever that means). Don't let the fact that the only factories in the world that build MMEs are located in Mexico and China dissuade you from your beliefs. Okay, now I 'm really done. I'll let you go ahead and get the last word in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_Mach-E

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
"So far, Ford is building the Mustang Mach-E electric SUV in Mexico and expanding its Michigan plant to produce an electric F-150 from 2022, while Missouri will build the E-Transit from late 2021 (for Europe, the E-Transit will be assembled in Turkey). In addition, two plants in Canada will be retooled, where, among other things, electric SUVs for the noble Lincoln brand are to be built from 2024 – but under Ford’s own management, not together with Rivian as announced under Ford CEO Jim Farley’s predecessor Hackett. In addition, Ford announced a few days ago that the Mustang Mach-E will also be built in China for the local market."

https://www.electrive.com/2021/02/17/ford-confirms-ev-manufacturing-in-cologne-to-begin-2023/

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Or we can look up the VIN country code.

First letter is W, for Germany. If from Mexico, it would start with 3.

No wonder this is so confusing. The internet keeps saying conflicting things. As usual.

https://www.edmunds.com/how-to/how-to-quickly-decode-your-vin.html#:~:text=In this group, the first,Sweden or Finland is Y.
All Mach-Es sold into the European market have a vin beginning with W, but they are assembled in Cuautitlan, Mexico, and shipped to European dealers via a port in Rotterdam.

Ford simply uses a different VIN scheme for Europe. The built vehicles aren't ever in Germany before they are delivered from ships onto the continent via the Netherlands.

We have a discussion where future owners were tracking their vessels:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/europe-shipment-numbers-vessel-tracking.5172/
Sponsored