Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Found mine at the Cool Springs Carmax with only 6k miles.
Wow! That's the first I've heard of that happening . Are you happy with it? I had a ChargePoint unit installed last December. So, I'm ready to go. Hopefully, the car will arrive during my lifetime:)
Sponsored

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select AWD SR
Country flag
Wow! That's the first I've heard of that happening . Are you happy with it? I had a ChargePoint unit installed last December. So, I'm ready to go. Hopefully, the car will arrive during my lifetime:)
I absolutely love this car. I've been looking at it for a while but never pulled the trigger on an order. My Jeep lease was ready to expire and I didn't want to go with one car for the 6-8 months I was reading about. I was just doing some random searches to see if I could find one and shockingly the Carmax down the street had one. They also had no idea what they had and it was listed as RWD, but it's and AWD model. We snagged it immediately!

I was also fortunate enough to have a 40amp 220V outlet in my garage, so I just use the included plug for now. I may upgrade to a 50amp and then buy a dedicated charging point, but this is working fine right now.

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I absolutely love this car. I've been looking at it for a while but never pulled the trigger on an order. My Jeep lease was ready to expire and I didn't want to go with one car for the 6-8 months I was reading about. I was just doing some random searches to see if I could find one and shockingly the Carmax down the street had one. They also had no idea what they had and it was listed as RWD, but it's and AWD model. We snagged it immediately!

I was also fortunate enough to have a 40amp 220V outlet in my garage, so I just use the included plug for now. I may upgrade to a 50amp and then buy a dedicated charging point, but this is working fine right now.
I debated with myself for awhile regarding installing a plug versus hardwiring my Chargepoint and decided to hardwire with a 60 amp breaker to take advantage of the 48amp charging. Disadvantage is that the Ford mobile charger would not be able to be used except level 1 since there is no plug for 220/240. If the Chargepoint failed I could always charge at 110 a bit then go to a public charger if necessary-not likely to be an issue in my case.

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I debated with myself for awhile regarding installing a plug versus hardwiring my Chargepoint and decided to hardwire with a 60 amp breaker to take advantage of the 48amp charging. Disadvantage is that the Ford mobile charger would not be able to be used except level 1 since there is no plug for 220/240. If the Chargepoint failed I could always charge at 110 a bit then go to a public charger if necessary-not likely to be an issue in my case.
Makes sense! I purchased so quickly I wasn't really prepared. Just had to add the Nema outlet so I could plug in to 220V. Charges fast enough for now based on the need, but I would eventually like to add a charge point.

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Makes sense! I purchased so quickly I wasn't really prepared. Just had to add the Nema outlet so I could plug in to 220V. Charges fast enough for now based on the need, but I would eventually like to add a charge point.
Yeh. I probably don't need it, but I though I would future proof a little.

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeh. I probably don't need it, but I though I would future proof a little.
Which dealership are you working with? I've been trying to get my glass recall and 21P22 software update done at Ford of Franklin and they are either really busy or not interested. I was told I can drop it off any time and leave it with them for a few days. I'd prefer a scheduled appointment where I know they will get to it. Was thinking about taking it to a different dealership, but there rest aren't very close to me.

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Which dealership are you working with? I've been trying to get my glass recall and 21P22 software update done at Ford of Franklin and they are either really busy or not interested. I was told I can drop it off any time and leave it with them for a few days. I'd prefer a scheduled appointment where I know they will get to it. Was thinking about taking it to a different dealership, but there rest aren't very close to me.
I'm working with Ford of Franklin. Got x-Plan and no ADM when and if the car is ever built. The internet manager was very helpful with my order. I did get a promotional email for a 2021 Premium, AWD with 6K miles for $65K and saw the have a 2021 Select, AWD for $54K. Don't know about the batteries on each. Incredible! I guess I'll see what happens. They are a certified EV dealer.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
No it was white and we met at about 100 mph as I was driving about 50 and they were too. Very brief meeting and no acknowledgement by either of us.
When I got my MINI I loved the acknowledgment by every other MINI driver out there. It’s like we were all in a club in which we knew how great our car was and every other driver out there was missing out on the fun.

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm working with Ford of Franklin. Got x-Plan and no ADM when and if the car is ever built. The internet manager was very helpful with my order. I did get a promotional email for a 2021 Premium, AWD with 6K miles for $65K and saw the have a 2021 Select, AWD for $54K. Don't know about the batteries on each. Incredible! I guess I'll see what happens. They are a certified EV dealer.
OK. I've been working with them trying to get mine in for service and I'm told to "drop it off whenever and plan to leave it for a few days." They say it's because of how busy they are and that they're short staffed. Might try Wyatt Johnson Ford in Nashville to see if I have better luck, but good to know that the Franklin dealer is EV Certified. My service guy just seems a little clueless.
Sponsored