Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1992 Chevrolet S-10 Electric
Occupation
Student at Clarkson University
Country flag
Hello, I am a student at Clarkson University currently involved in a design project involving the use of 5 Mach E battery cells. I have been scouring the internet looking for a way to purchase the connector that fits the socket on the side of the battery shown below. We are hoping to use it to connect to our BMS and interface with the cells in each module without having to modify the module itself. I have found a wiring harness that might be the right part, part number LJ9Z14A411L, but I am not sure and I was also hoping to find a way to order just the connectors in order to save money and not waste the rest of the harness. Can anyone identify this female connector and point me towards where I could buy male connectors to fit it?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Help Confirming Part numbers for Male Battery Control 20 Pin Connector 1680617904565
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I need more information to help you. It looks like all the connectors on the Mach-E cell modules are single row 10 pins. Can you please tell me:

Is this the standard range pack (3P) or extended range pack (4P)?
Which cell module number it is (if known)?
What model year was the Mach-E? VIN if you have it.
What exactly the connector is connected to? Individual cells? Thermistors? The BMS computer?

OP
OP

JoeGrom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I believe it's the standard range pack, however we have 5 indidual modules, not a complete traction battery from a production car. As such there's no VIN either, since the batteries were purchased as parts. I've included a picture of the identification sticker on one of the batteries but I haven't been able to find much using those numbers online.
The connectors should interface with each cell on one side of the battery to monitor cell voltage and there should be some thermistor pins as well for temperature monitoring. Hope this helps!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Help Confirming Part numbers for Male Battery Control 20 Pin Connector 1680639823320886666540293758795

OP
OP

JoeGrom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I almost forgot - this connector will connect the battery cells to our BMS, we don't plan on using the thermistor pins since our configuration won't pull enough amps to heat the batteries significantly.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I believe it's the standard range pack, however we have 5 indidual modules, not a complete traction battery from a production car. As such there's no VIN either, since the batteries were purchased as parts. I've included a picture of the identification sticker on one of the batteries but I haven't been able to find much using those numbers online.
The connectors should interface with each cell on one side of the battery to monitor cell voltage and there should be some thermistor pins as well for temperature monitoring. Hope this helps!

1680639823320886666540293758795.jpg
That is a battery from a Lincoln Aviator, not a Mach-E.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Help Confirming Part numbers for Male Battery Control 20 Pin Connector Aviator Battery

Last edited:

OP
OP

JoeGrom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Huh, that's interesting. I wasn't the one who purchased the batteries, so I guess there was a little mix up. Any chance you know anything about the connector interface for the Aviator?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Huh, that's interesting. I wasn't the one who purchased the batteries, so I guess there was a little mix up. Any chance you know anything about the connector interface for the Aviator?
Unfortunately the connectors are marked "non-serviceable" in the service manual, so I don't think you can order the high voltage battery harness from Ford. I couldn't find it.

OP
OP

JoeGrom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Unfortunate. Did it list a part number or a name that might mean something to an engineer or plant manager with Ford? I have a few contacts I can try.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Unfortunate. Did it list a part number or a name that might mean something to an engineer or plant manager with Ford? I have a few contacts I can try.
10B694 is probably the base part number, so something like XXXX-10B694-XX. But again I think it's a factory-only part that isn't sold a a replacement.

OP
OP

JoeGrom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Alright thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll be sure to tease the guy who bought the batteries for not knowing what he purchased

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Alright thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll be sure to tease the guy who bought the batteries for not knowing what he purchased
Tell him he should only buy them if they come with the BMS wire harness too...
Sponsored