New delivery, can't create profile

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I took delivery of my Mach E yesterday ?? and the Ford Pass app is prompting me to do the "remote vehicle setup" which includes setting up a profile in the car. Problem is the app crashes every time I click on that card.

I figured out how to do all of that in the browser online, but when I push the "send to car via Ford Pass" button instead of linking me to the app it links me to the Google play store page for Ford Pass ?‍♂.

Any suggestions?

Not looking to start yet another thread complaining about Ford Pass bugs. Just wanna see if anyone has any ideas on how to get around this or if I'm just gonna have to wait until an update comes.

Just to add a quick word to that discussion though. The numerous bugs doesn't mean it's a team of bad devs. It just means Ford didn't give enough time and funding for proper development and testing
Sponsored

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I took delivery of my Mach E yesterday ?? and the Ford Pass app is prompting me to do the "remote vehicle setup" which includes setting up a profile in the car. Problem is the app crashes every time I click on that card.

I figured out how to do all of that in the browser online, but when I push the "send to car via Ford Pass" button instead of linking me to the app it links me to the Google play store page for Ford Pass ?‍♂.

Any suggestions?

Not looking to start yet another thread complaining about Ford Pass bugs. Just wanna see if anyone has any ideas on how to get around this or if I'm just gonna have to wait until an update comes.

Just to add a quick word to that discussion though. The numerous bugs doesn't mean it's a team of bad devs. It just means Ford didn't give enough time and funding for proper development and testing
Try calling the FordPass support, they were great with me.....guy named Dave (actually I got him twice) was a great help. walked me through everything....1-800-336-0486, they are there on Sundays, don't know about today being a holiday....good luck

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

Any suggestions?

I setup PaaK. Then I set up the profile in the car which links it to the PaaK.

So you don't have to do it with Remote Vehicle Setup from the phone if you want to do that as a workaround.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I setup PaaK. Then I set up the profile in the car which links it to the PaaK.

So you don't have to do it with Remote Vehicle Setup from the phone if you want to do that as a workaround.
Good to know (really), as I think many people are looking at this (and a couple of other issues) as "there's only one way to do this," when that's clearly not the case.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
No dice on Paak. All it did was give me this error:
Ford Mustang Mach-E New delivery, can't create profile Screenshot_20210404-121717_FordPass

Looks like I'll be calling customer service!

As a side note, my phone also gave me this warning message:
Ford Mustang Mach-E New delivery, can't create profile Screenshot_20210404-124534_Device care

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Donot forget you can erase Paak and start over. 4 times

I mean start code.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Donot forget you can erase Paak and start over. 4 times

I mean start code.
Problem is I have nothing to erase! I've never successfully set it up before

MachEPilot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E X
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
I remember some stuff not showing up until after the car went completely off (takes about 30 minutes).

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
@MachEPilot
Yeah.. I think I'm going to have to wait to talk to customer service, I've tried several times between yesterday and today :(

Did you try the FordPass App help number I gave you??......
I did, but they are indeed closed for Easter. I'll have to try again tomorrow

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Welp... Just got off the phone with the Ford Pass support. Basically she said "hmm I haven't seen that error before!" We tried a whole bunch of stuff, she wrote up a report, and then told me that engineering team would call me back in 3-5 days

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just cause you never got it to work, if you tried 4 times does not mean its not there.

try to erase them anyway.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Welp... Just got off the phone with the Ford Pass support. Basically she said "hmm I haven't seen that error before!" We tried a whole bunch of stuff, she wrote up a report, and then told me that engineering team would call me back in 3-5 days
Be forewarned that the 3-5 day estimate is mighty optimistic. I am at 12 days (and two escalation calls) with radio silence from Ford...

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Just cause you never got it to work, if you tried 4 times does not mean its not there.

try to erase them anyway.
I did try several times to erase. Tried resetting Paak on the car side, removing the car from my Ford Pass and re-adding, logging out and back in.. all several times. Honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with the car. As a software developer myself, this smells like a bug in the app. I don't think it's even getting to the point of sending a request to the Ford Pass servers for paak.

Be forewarned that the 3-5 day estimate is mighty optimistic. I am at 12 days (and two escalation calls) with radio silence from Ford...
Yup... I believe it! If it really is a bug in the app, I wouldn't be surprised if they just sit on it for a long while and release an update months down the road without saying a word

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have a similar problem online. Online thinks I haven't finished setting up my car yet. Ford pass knows I have. Online crashes out and won't update.
Sponsored