alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have a Job 1 car from March. I've always had the button, never pressed it to see if it works though.
Interesting yours looks like that. I have GT built October and I have the windows up / down as well as all those.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Jeez, I just got 2.3 today because I talked the dealer into doing it for me while it was there. Annnnnd I’m behind again.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Interesting yours looks like that. I have GT built October and I have the windows up / down as well as all those.
The window/trunk/frunk buttons appear when you have paak set up. If you don't have paak set up you just get lock/unlock/start/horn.

That being said I've heard of VERY few cases where the rest of the buttons are missing even with paak

Josh X

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Another update I’ll never get

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My July built GT has the light and horn button since day one.
My February 2021 build has had the lights and horns button since delivery. No clue if they actually work as I’ve never used it.

?‍♂

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Reading the notes it might be that they changed it to allow horn/lights to be activated remotely like lock/unlock. Currently, I think you previously needed to be in Bluetooth range for job 1 cars to have the horn/lights (as well as the window and truck) to enable.

It sounds like now you can remotely activate it to perhaps help find your car in a parking lot, scare friends, or whatever.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Reading the notes it might be that they changed it to allow horn/lights to be activated remotely like lock/unlock. Currently, I think you previously needed to be in Bluetooth range for job 1 cars to have the horn/lights (as well as the window and truck) to enable.

It sounds like now you can remotely activate it to perhaps help find your car in a parking lot, scare friends, or whatever.
I don't think so, myself. From day 1 the button has been there for me, but only within Bluetooth range. My button started working outside of Bluetooth range when I got 2.1.0

I still think that's not what the update ACTUALLY is doing. I think it's just prep for BC that does nothing a user would notice. So they're just putting this in because they want to put something.