New Toyota BEV Coming

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Strange. Don’t all those Japanese honeymooners on Oahu know where they are?
You'd think!

The email chain was actually stranger than just that too. They went on to say we have different model vehicles than the United States and that USA safety regulations would not apply in Hawaii (the underlying complaint was a safety related item). This was from Toyota USA, based in Plano TEXAS. I responded to their answer somewhat bewildered. I pointed out that Hawaii joining the United States actually predates Toyota's existence and that the NHTSA would disagree with the comments about safety regulations.

They did respond to that finally saying Toyota had sold Hawaii off to a different company before it had become part of the United States and therefore just presumed we have different models. So, I actually wrote back asking if they seriously meant that Toyota granted rights to Hawaii to a third party 40 years before Toyota even existed? And who was This mysterious third party?

I finally did enough research to find out that Toyota USA sold off the Hawaii rights to a Hawaii corporation in 1958, a few months after Toyota USA became a thing and a few months before Hawaii became a state. I contacted that company and they resolved the issue with the recalcitrant dealer. But Toyota USA? Whomever they had in charge of answering email complaints has serious deficiency in corporate history and civics.

Honest to Gooidness, this is all true.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Here is customer feedback for ya...

A stolen quote from the internet and posted here :)

"Toyota has announced today that they are planning to announce that they are going to be thinking about announcing an announcement of an announcement of a rendering of a prototype of an yet-to-be announced compliance electric SUV that will blow your minds!"

I owned a few Toyota's, all we're fine, just boring in my own opinion, I suspect this will be the same.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
They'll never sell a BEV in Hawaii. Why, you might ask?

About 5 years ago Toyota USA answered an email I had sent complaining about a Toyota dealer here. They said, "We only sell vehicles in the United States, not Hawaii." Yes, really.

So their BEV efforts are meaningless to those of us in the 50th state. Someone should tell them about all the counterfeit Toyotas here though.
New Mexico Magazine has a column every month, "One of Our Fifth is Missing", about people not knowing New Mexico is a state.

Perhaps the most famous example was the Atlanta Olympics fiasco: New Mexico Olympic Fan Runs Into Geography Gaffe (apnews.com)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Here is customer feedback for ya...

A stolen quote from the internet and posted here :)

"Toyota has announced today that they are planning to announce that they are going to be thinking about announcing an announcement of an announcement of a rendering of a prototype of an yet-to-be announced compliance electric SUV that will blow your minds!"

I owned a few Toyota's, all we're fine, just boring in my own opinion, I suspect this will be the same.
heaven help me but I think the current Camry can actually look aggressive
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Toyota BEV Coming 1607546707998

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
heaven help me but I think the current Camry can actually look aggressive
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Toyota BEV Coming 1607546707998
Yes, Toyota has really gone for the sports option in the Camry. NASCAR these days has 3 bodies: Mustang, Camaro, and Camry.