Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will be picking up my 2022 mache premium awd er in February and was wondering if there was some list of things to do/setup and the best order to do them in. I’m somewhat tech savvy but its getting harder as I get older. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
I'm wondering if there is any "break in" period for ev's

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
If you're not aware, the existing 30% tax credit for installing a home charging system expires at the end of this year so if you plan to install one and want to take advantage of the tax credit, you may want to get on it right away. This tax credit applies to the costs of both the charging system and the electrical work.
https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/10513

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Check out this page, if only because I've worked very hard on it. ??

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...manuals-and-web-sites-for-mach-e-owners.1660/

When you get bored of that, I'd recommend setting up FordPass on your phone.

Add the vehicle to it once you find out the VIN number from your dealer.

Work through the Remote Vehicle Setup wizard in FordPass.

Once you have the vehicle, touch the Vehicle icon in the upper left of the car's center screen... Look through all the options on that first screen that opens. This is your drive modes, and whether one pedal drive is on or off. Take your time and get to know just that one page. It's the most important, second only to the steering wheel controls and wipers and turn signals.

Take your time!

Once you're ready to move on, just find an empty parking lot or sit in your garage and try all the other options.... Slowly. It's a lot to absorb.

Some of the first things I wanted to do when I got home with the vehicle:

- Set up HomeLink. This is my first vehicle with HomeLink and I'd been wanting this feature for many many years... So I was excited to be able to open and close the garage door without leaving a separate fob in the vehicle. ?

- Set up a charging schedule. I'm on a time of use plan and wanted to make sure the car will only recharge between 11pm and 5am, while rates are lowest.

Can't say it enough, but this vehicle has a LOT of technology packed into it and there is a lot to learn and experience. So enjoy it and take your time.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I will be picking up my 2022 mache premium awd er in February and was wondering if there was some list of things to do/setup and the best order to do them in. I’m somewhat tech savvy but its getting harder as I get older. Any help would be appreciated.
When I picked up my Mach E the 'electric car expert' configured fordpass for me, he left out little details like what's your credit card number so you can actually charge at public charging stations.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm wondering if there is any "break in" period for ev's
The entire manual for the Mach-E is online, and can be downloaded in PDF format and read anytime.

Like all vehicles, the tires have a break-in period. Otherwise, no.

BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for
approximately 300 mi (480 km). During
this time, your vehicle may exhibit some
unusual driving characteristics.
Sponsored