Along with new F-150, first new vehicle to use Ford's Fully-Networked Vehicle Architecture (FNV 2.0)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
From Brett Foote, via Ford Authority:

New Ford Electrical Vehicle Architecture Will Be Named FNV
by
f38c9845f7838091e633ec2454b974ed?s=110&r=g.jpg
Brett Foote
November 26, 2020, 5:38 am

icio-de-Producci%C3%B3n-Mustang-Mach-E-min-758x347.jpg

Ford is in the midst of a technology renaissance, one that has brought forth a host of cool new features in vehicles like the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E, 2021 Ford Bronco and Ford Bronco Sport, and the 2021 Ford F-150. Many of these new features have been implemented as a direct result of a new Ford electrical vehicle architecture that is making its debut in the 2021 Mach-E and F-150. And now, we know what that electrical system is called.

k-Plant-Exterior-017-front-three-quarters-1024x683.jpg

The new Ford electrical vehicle architecture has officially been named “fully-networked vehicle,” or FNV for short, Ali Jamoul, North America Engineering Director at Ford Motor Company, confirmed to Ford Authority at a recent media event.

The 2021 Mach-E and Ford F-150 will be the first Blue Oval vehicles to utilize FNV, though Ford is using multiple versions of it. The version that these two vehicles employ is called FNV 2.0, in fact.

ustang-Mach-E-Prototype-Exterior-001-Side-1024x683.jpg

One of the primary benefits of FNV is that it’s capable of supporting over-the-air updates, one of the most important new features present in the Mach-E, 2021 F-150, and other forthcoming Ford models. OTA updates are delivered wirelessly, as they become available. This replaces the old tried-and-true method of taking a vehicle to the dealership so it can be updated via the OBD port.

OTA updates are downloaded in the background, with smaller updates sometimes capable of being completed in under two minutes. More complex updates that might take longer may require the vehicle to be parked in order to be delivered.
ck-Plant-Exterior-022-rear-three-quarters-1024x683.jpg

Virtually every module in the Mach-E can be updated wirelessly, gifting the crossover with everything from new SYNC features to improved performance or range. Updates can be scheduled to occur overnight, or at a time when the vehicle isn’t in use. This way, vehicles can quite literally get better over time, automatically.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just saw an advertisement for a new Lincoln where they said it could also use OTA updates...Of course I don't remember which one.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Just saw an advertisement for a new Lincoln where they said it could also use OTA updates...Of course I don't remember which one.
Pretty sure it’s the nautilus.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
One thing I'd like to be able to see with this is remote diagnostics from a dealer. Say you have an issue, call your dealer, they can do a remote diagnostic scan on it. See that there is an issue, order parts, schedule you to come in and just make the repair.

Nothing frustrates me more having to go to the dealer with a known issue just so they can "diagnose" it before they'll order parts.
Sponsored