Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Jeep
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Hi All,

I am new to the EV and Mach-E world...but here I am...three days removed from buying my new baby. Was carefully scanning the market for a lightly used Mach E and here she is. I admit, the white is really growing on me. I've never a owned a white car before. I LOVE the way the car drives and find the tech onboard to be extremely intuitive and easy to use. I'm installing a wall charger this week and will start exploring 3rd party charging options, though 99% of the time I'll be charging at home and using the energy I harvest from my solar panels. Looking forward to learning more and sharing information and knowledge about this fun vehicle!

tempImageSHCHPS.png
Sponsored

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
Welcome . A small hint ....go into the menu and delete driving history of all previous drivers and start from scratch . It's good to do as winter approaches too. Range estimate will be more realistic and range will get adjusted to YOUR driving habits ...good AND bad

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Welcome, please feel free to search the forum, you would be surprised with what you can learn! and as a friendly warning questions are sometmes answered with a bit of sarcasm 😱 just don't let it deter you, we are a friendly bunch here!

Tony

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Hi All,

I am new to the EV and Mach-E world...but here I am...three days removed from buying my new baby. Was carefully scanning the market for a lightly used Mach E and here she is. I admit, the white is really growing on me. I've never a owned a white car before. I LOVE the way the car drives and find the tech onboard to be extremely intuitive and easy to use. I'm installing a wall charger this week and will start exploring 3rd party charging options, though 99% of the time I'll be charging at home and using the energy I harvest from my solar panels. Looking forward to learning more and sharing information and knowledge about this fun vehicle!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Newbie to the club tempImageSHCHPS
Enjoy!

And welcome😁

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
Welcome to the MME! As a fellow newbie, I can tell you public charging is NOT intuitive. An EV involves a different way to think about refueling. Hit up a couple different charging networks, if you can, before you embark on a big trip. Or make a trip for this purpose! PlugShare, A Better Route Planner, and Charging network apps will give you more info. The car charges fastest below 80%. Many folks plan trips to refill at around 20% and head for the next stop when the charger hits 80%.

OP
OP
MachEasy

MachEasy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Jeep
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Welcome to the MME! As a fellow newbie, I can tell you public charging is NOT intuitive. An EV involves a different way to think about refueling. Hit up a couple different charging networks, if you can, before you embark on a big trip. Or make a trip for this purpose! PlugShare, A Better Route Planner, and Charging network apps will give you more info. The car charges fastest below 80%. Many folks plan trips to refill at around 20% and head for the next stop when the charger hits 80%.
Thank you...much appreciate this info and have some experience from a road trip with a friends Rivian. Will definitely grab those apps. Also reading on Ford's site that they recommend only charging to 90% for daily driving and up to 100% when going on road trips. Is this what most people do?

OP
OP
MachEasy

MachEasy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Jeep
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Welcome, please feel free to search the forum, you would be surprised with what you can learn! and as a friendly warning questions are sometmes answered with a bit of sarcasm 😱 just don't let it deter you, we are a friendly bunch here!

Tony
Thx. New to Mach E...not new to Forum subculture....lol. Sarcams is pretty par for the course in Internet forums. I can give as good as a I get.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Thank you...much appreciate this info and have some experience from a road trip with a friends Rivian. Will definitely grab those apps. Also reading on Ford's site that they recommend only charging to 90% for daily driving and up to 100% when going on road trips. Is this what most people do?
With a wall charger at home, I usually charge to 80%, but my daily commute only consumes about 15% of battery range. On the weekends when I put a lot more miles on it I charge to 90%. At the end of the day it gets plugged in and back up ready to go the next morning. I would suggest you find what works best for your schedule and then don't stress about it from there.

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
You can search the forum on the daily charging question. There are many interesting battery attributes to the MME. For me weekly charging is to 85%. 100% on road trips. General consensus is that it may be of value to charge to 100% once or twice a year for battery management purposes. Opinions vary from 80% to 90% for daily charging.

Sir Barton

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E (2021)
Occupation
Writer/journalist
Country flag
Hi All,

Ford Mustang Mach-E Newbie to the club tempImageSHCHPS
Congrats! We've had our Mach E since Nov. of '21 and love it. Same color as yours, as you can see in my photo. We get lots of compliments on the color, as well as the overall look of the Mach E. ✌

OP
OP
MachEasy

MachEasy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Jeep
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Congrats! We've had our Mach E since Nov. of '21 and love it. Same color as yours, as you can see in my photo. We get lots of compliments on the color, as well as the overall look of the Mach E. ✌
I keep hearing from friends..."dang man..that is gorgeous...clean looking. Love the shape and look." Then I let them drive it...lol. They come away seriously interested in buying one.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
and have some experience from a road trip with a friends Rivian.
Quick note: There are some chargers that are part of the 'Rivian Adventure Network', and you won't be able to charge your MachE there.

OP
OP
MachEasy

MachEasy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Jeep
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Quick note: There are some chargers that are part of the 'Rivian Adventure Network', and you won't be able to charge your MachE there.
Thx..I assumed as much. When will we be able to use Tesla network?