JB20

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Country flag
This is my reason! Also I’m moving to Texas which requires an inspection. I don’t have one on now (even though I’m in CA) and would hate to ruin the bumper just for the 15 min inspection.

The front plate is not part of the inspection in Texas.
Sponsored

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Not illegal or legal. Seems to only be an issue if you drive to Boulder. Lol. I’ll plan on getting one myself once I get my custom plates.
Yes, Boulder. Is that not somewhere in Cali.? Probably make them legal as well.
Also, if you are getting PPF put the PPF on first. My PPF installer put the vinyl plate on at no cost (the mounting brackets for license plate bracket do not hold up very well when removed).

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Yes, Boulder. Is that not somewhere in Cali.? Probably make them legal as well.
Also, if you are getting PPF put the PPF on first. My PPF installer put the vinyl plate on at no cost (the mounting brackets for license plate bracket do not hold up very well when removed).
Boulder, CO… Sadly Home of a lot of stuck up people unwilling to bend to new things. But plenty of nice folks that would have no issues either. But I’ve heard of numerous tickets there with vinyl plate.

OP
OP
Al-E

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag

OP
OP
Al-E

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I find it funny that a quarter of that list is N/A. But why does a brand new vehicle need an inspection anyway? :rolleyes:
I think he was moving to TX, some states make you get inspected before you can register and get plates in their state.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
States have some weird laws. A coworker was building a dune buggy. He wanted it street legal. So he researched California law and found out that a windshield is not required but windshield wipers are required.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
https://zicmoto.com/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-expect-gt-removable-front-license-plate-bracket/

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? There seems so be tons of snap-on options for Teslas but so far not much for our car. I know it’s new though and maybe more will come on the market. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has bought this brand and if it works well?
I don't know anything about the brand, but if you put it where they show it in the picture, I think you will block some important sensors and other things. It might work higher up, mounted under the bumper. I am also thinking about the vinyl route, but I have never seen anyone doing that here in VA, and am worried I will get a ticket.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No-drill front plate options 1630415275776

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I don't know anything about the brand, but if you put it where they show it in the picture, I think you will block some important sensors and other things. It might work higher up, mounted under the bumper. I am also thinking about the vinyl route, but I have never seen anyone doing that here in VA, and am worried I will get a ticket.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No-drill front plate options 1630415275776
Yes, I have the same concerns. From what I read on another thread, one of the front radars is placed right in that space between the two active air vents. So the license plate would be directly covering that up.

Would love to hear whether anybody has found this to be true or false...

kamberk1991

First Name
berk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, I have the same concerns. From what I read on another thread, one of the front radars is placed right in that space between the two active air vents. So the license plate would be directly covering that up.

Would love to hear whether anybody has found this to be true or false...
Yes, that would set of your front radar every time you slow down. See details at:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/what-are-peoples-plans-for-front-license-plates.1295/
and
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/solved-craigs-front-plate-mount-causing-issues.4643/

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Just saw this License Plate Wrap
https://licenseplatewrap.com/ might be an alternative
I plan on joining the pilot program and getting the vinyl plate from www.licenseplatewrap.com

I spoke with my dealer about it yesterday and he claims up and down that the front plate brackets are being installed at the factory for California-bound cars and that he has no control over whether the brackets are installed or not. I’m going to reach out to him again next week with the link to the SSM on the forum that states otherwise.
Sponsored

Last edited: