Kathysmustang

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I am picking up my new Mach E tomorrow. I live in Illinois and a front plate is currently required, but may not be in a year or so. Has anybody used a no drill plate holder in the front of their car?
Sponsored

Ninja4hire

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
If you do a search, there are a few threads that will probably answer your question.

However here are the two options for no-drill plate holders beside a vinyl sticker which may not be legal where you live. I currently use the Sto-N-Sho on my Camara SS so I know it's quality, but for my MME I purchased the Craig's bracket because the other sits too low.

https://stonsho.com/front-license-plate-for-2021-2022-ford-mach-e-except-gt-sns279/
https://ccmustangbrackets.com/products/2021-mustang-mach-e

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
While they don’t list one for the MME it may be worth an email to http://www.usmillworks.com/ to see if they’d be interested in making one. We used one of theirs on a BMW X5 awhile back and it was great.

Another option is a vinyl sticker, see https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/replaced-front-license-plate-with-a-vinyl-sticker.5584/

Another thought, while it may be required in IL does it quality for a primary offense? Some states may require a front license plate but it is a secondary infraction, meaning they can’t pull you over for the lack of a front license plate. If you are speeding or something else though you could be cited. May or may not be worth the risk to you.

ricksta6

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
After 5 months with my Mach-E, I just got a ticket for this in Chicago. I was shocked - I didn't think IL required it for some reason. So now I'm in the same boat and looking for a solution

Rorysbrown

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Select in Iconic Silver on order
Occupation
Computer Sales & Service
Country flag

kayzoqueen

First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E GT, Jaguar F-Type, Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
I am picking up my new Mach E tomorrow. I live in Illinois and a front plate is currently required, but may not be in a year or so. Has anybody used a no drill plate holder in the front of their car?
Velcro lol..

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Sorry, but I don’t get it. What’s the logic behind displaying a plate using a no-drill option? Higher resale value? Many states require front plates and used car customers take a front plate bracket as a given. It’s not like we are driving exotic super sports cars. Not judging, just trying to understand.

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I live in Maryland and am facing the same decision. For now I'm going without the front plate and hoping MD makes the vinyl sticker legal before I get in trouble for not having one...

Ninja4hire

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
Sorry, but I don’t get it. What’s the logic behind displaying a plate using a no-drill option? Higher resale value? Many states require front plates and used car customers take a front plate bracket as a given. It’s not like we are driving exotic super sports cars. Not judging, just trying to understand.
The logic for me, is that I don't want holes in my bumper. I think it takes away from the looks of the car. Just like some people de-badge their car, or put on aftermarket rims. It's all aesthetics.
I also only run the plates when I go on long trips. Otherwise I never put it on.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The logic for me, is that I don't want holes in my bumper. I think it takes away from the looks of the car. Just like some people de-badge their car, or put on aftermarket rims. It's all aesthetics.
I also only run the plates when I go on long trips. Otherwise I never put it on.
You drive without plates some or most of the time, so that makes sense. But others will display plates 100% of the time.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I might order a vinyl plate from this place: https://customlicenseplates.us/
Be careful with that, check your state laws. In Hawaii using anything other than the issued license plate is a felony. Cops here will usually ignore lack of front plates unless it’s near the end of the month and they’re behind on quota. A duplicate “vinyl” plate though draws attention out here. YMMV.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag