No On-Screen Keyboard

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Curious if anyone has seen this one. My car last updated to 6.6 last week. Things have been pretty smooth until today when the car refused to connect to my WiFi which it has been doing reliably for weeks. Tried to reconnect - no dice. Tried a reboot of Sync - no dice. Decided to forget and re-add the network. Network deleted but when re-adding the password dialog does not show the on-screen keyboard. Tried two reboots of Sync, still no keyboard.
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
You tapped on the password field. Right?

sdespain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
Curious if anyone has seen this one. My car last updated to 6.6 last week. Things have been pretty smooth until today when the car refused to connect to my WiFi which it has been doing reliably for weeks. Tried to reconnect - no dice. Tried a reboot of Sync - no dice. Decided to forget and re-add the network. Network deleted but when re-adding the password dialog does not show the on-screen keyboard. Tried two reboots of Sync, still no keyboard.
Having the same issue with Keyboard. Can not setup PAAK backup start passcode as I can not get the keyboard to appear. Touching everywhere on the screen and can not get it to pop up

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine did that a few weeks ago when it refused to acknowledge my PAAK. The screen to input my backup code popped up, but no keyboard. I sat there for a few minutes trying anything I could think of. I finally gave in and went back inside to get my FOB 🤮. Luckily I was at home and had access to it, but I had to carry that thing around with me for the rest of the day.

sdespain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
Having the same issue with Keyboard. Can not setup PAAK backup start passcode as I can not get the keyboard to appear. Touching everywhere on the screen and can not get it to pop up
So mine corrected itself this morning after receiving update 6.13.0 last night.

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Well, I'm still on update 6.1 and have been having the keyboard issue forever. It finally pops up but it takes a while. Sometimes I just start it from the PAAK instead if I don't want to wait.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Mine did that a few weeks ago when it refused to acknowledge my PAAK. The screen to input my backup code popped up, but no keyboard. I sat there for a few minutes trying anything I could think of. I finally gave in and went back inside to get my FOB 🤮. Luckily I was at home and had access to it, but I had to carry that thing around with me for the rest of the day.
YES. This has happened to me THREE TIMES in the past two weeks. All in conjunction with PAAK shitting the bed. I was locked out of starting my car for the better part of a minute both times while waiting for the car to uncrazy itself. Not sure if I did anything to fix it other than just wait.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 4
Country flag
If it helps, ensure that you have done all the things the Ford Pass app recommends. On the app home screen, there is a small text of the Bluetooth status. Tap it to see the recommended phone settings.

OP
OP
MailGuy

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Magically came back today…

ChasingCoral

First Name