Infotainment screen not turning on....too hot???

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
So this has happened twice now. Last Sunday, I got into the car to run some errands. The car started fine...but the infotainment screen wouldn't turn on. It was very hot to the touch. I tried doing the volume button/song advance reset and nothing. When I got home - I put the car in the garage....and later on, it worked fine.

Then today....I was picking the car up from the dealer (recall work), and they had it parked outside. It was only 85 degrees so not incredibly warm....but again.....screen was black. I kept the car parked and running so that the ac would cool down in the interior....and after about five minutes, turned the car off and back on. Screen lit up and worked fine.

Is this a thing? Anyone else consistently have their screen overheat (I'm assuming this is what it is).

I guess I need to buy a windshield shade.

ps.....The are had all the modules updated this morning....so I"m not thinking that is the issue.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So this has happened twice now. Last Sunday, I got into the car to run some errands. The car started fine...but the infotainment screen wouldn't turn on. It was very hot to the touch. I tried doing the volume button/song advance reset and nothing. When I got home - I put the car in the garage....and later on, it worked fine.

Then today....I was picking the car up from the dealer (recall work), and they had it parked outside. It was only 85 degrees so not incredibly warm....but again.....screen was black. I kept the car parked and running so that the ac would cool down in the interior....and after about five minutes, turned the car off and back on. Screen lit up and worked fine.

Is this a thing? Anyone else consistently have their screen overheat (I'm assuming this is what it is).

I guess I need to buy a windshield shade.

ps.....The are had all the modules updated this morning....so I"m not thinking that is the issue.
I park in the sun most days of the week. It's been mostly fine. Sometimes SYNC restarts while I'm driving, but I have a feeling that isn't heat related.

Your issue is possibly the one described here, if your vehicle has the indicated trouble code (a technician will be able to see this code):

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-information-and-entertainment-screen.18884/