Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Tesla does this. It simulates friction brakes when regen is limited. This is was included in an OTA update last year.
Ok so it still works the same? I was seeing others say "Tesla has no regen above 90%" but they just mean it doesnt regen, the pedal still has the same feel to the driver?
Sponsored

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
People say I'm crazy, but I've also experienced zero regen at 100% charge. It scared the bleep out of me when I almost rolled through a stop sign I was used to coasting to. Same feeling I got when drive mode unavailable randomly kicked me out of unbridled and the drive characteristics were way different without warning. I do not use 1PD.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Ok so it still works the same? I was seeing others say "Tesla has no regen above 90%" but they just mean it doesnt regen, the pedal still has the same feel to the driver?
Yup. 2 years ago, it wouldn't slow down if regen was not active, but now it would apply the friction brakes to simulate regen when battery is above 90% or if real cold. Tesla updated this sometime last year.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Teslas don't have blended braking, so the pedal only ever operates the friction brakes.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Teslas don't have blended braking, so the pedal only ever operates the friction brakes.
We're talking about one pedal driving and regen, not blended braking.

You are correct that when the brake pedal is depressed, only the friction brakes are applied. But in 1pd driving, when the accelerator is released, braking is achieved from regen only or regen and friction brakes depending on the circumstance and requirement.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I know, but he asked if the brake pedal felt the same.
Sorry, There was another response regarding regen and whether tesla applies friction brake when the battery is >90%. I thought you were replying to that. My bad.
Sponsored