Engage?

• Total voters

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There never really was a choice was there? Glad to see Ford acknowledging that. :p

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
This is hilarious! Honestly, I have quite the week at work, and this was welcomed...!

PS: I will add, I've tried Unbridled a few times, and I am not a fan of the rapid slow down that happens immediately when I take my foot off the excelerator.

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
Whisper just slows down weird to me, only use it on trips for the suspension changes. Agree on the post above that unbridled is a touch too aggressive on the regen. It ends up being a pseudo 1 pedal driving experience. I don’t really need help applying the go-juice, so the aggressive throttle map isn’t worth the slowdown feel. What I really want is some sliders so I can customize those three options. ENGAGE!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Is it Number Two or Number One? Or maybe (in Robin williams voice) Number Three! 🤪🐩

T.S.

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Man. This still isn’t fixed?
Mine never did that, however, I would love it if I could get the courtesy lights to stay the color that I chose rather than going back to the default color of the drive mode, i.e., orange (🤮) for Unbridled, teal for Whisper, or the dismal blue for Engage.

P.S. I tested out driving in Unbridled all last week for day-to-day driving and convinced myself it is only to be used on highways or straight, empty roads found in Kansas or the southwest, as it is much too sensitive and powerful to properly handle the narrow, windy roads in my neck of the woods... can't wait to drive on those other roads some day soon!!

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
"drive mode unavailable" hit me 5 times on a 10 mile round trip to the bank yesterday . Kicked me into Engage I guess because I started seeing the brake coach on the instrument cluster .

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
Members who've had the HVBJB failures .....is "drive mode unavailable " a precursor ???

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
PS: I will add, I've tried Unbridled a few times, and I am not a fan of the rapid slow down that happens immediately when I take my foot off the excelerator.
I love that about Unbridled - it's the main reason I use that mode as my primary. This is my second EV and I got used to the more aggressive regenerative brake settings. It just feels like you have so much more control over the car. You get used to feathering the accelerator to adjust the effect. Ford did us a disservice by locking the brake/accelerator power bar to the GT models, though. On my previous EV I could see if I was actively accelerating or hitting regenerative braking, and roughly how strongly I was doing either, so I could train myself to know the feel and pressure on the accelerator needed to coast. I don't like how I have no visual feedback on the Mach-E for that, but I got used to it and do it by feel now.

That, and it's kind of nice for those times when you get a case of the zoomies and then spot a police officer, to be able to slow down pretty quickly without activating your brake lights. Y'know, just so as to draw a bit less attention to yourself ;)

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Members who've had the HVBJB failures .....is "drive mode unavailable " a precursor ???
Nope. I only started getting Mode 4 after the heebyjeeby was replaced.

Also, Unbridled is a great mode. If the regen is too much when you lift off the pedal, don't lift off the pedal. It's a rheostat, not a light switch. It takes a bit to break the lifting habit, but I think the throttle mapping is great- very subtle foot movements can have a meaningful impact, and it's almost telepathic at times.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Most likely unrelated. I hadn’t had a “Drive Mode Unavailable” event in months when my SVS came up. 🤷‍♂️🐩

<SNIP>
Ford did us a disservice by locking the brake/accelerator power bar to the GT models, though.
<SNIP>
This can be fixed using FORscan. 😊🐩
Sponsored