Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
I just noticed that if I am driving and unbuckle my seatbelt, there is no warning message or sound. Same goes for the passenger. Also no warning if I get in and do not buckle up. Is this a bug, or intentional?
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I just noticed that if I am driving and unbuckle my seatbelt, there is no warning message or sound. Same goes for the passenger. Also no warning if I get in and do not buckle up. Is this a bug, or intentional?
Sounds like you might need a repair. Mine has both visual and audio warning if seat belt is not buckled or is unbuckled.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've found there is about a 30 second delay before the warning comes on, like many newer vehicles. How long did you leave yours unbuckled when you tested this?

OP
OP
Kangio

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
Left it off much longer than 30 sec. Also noticed when I get in the car, if I start and put in drive there is a brief ”ding ding ding” and the little icon bottom right of instrument panel shows a red seatbelt icon, which then goes away. I do not get the larger warning message that others have shown on this forum. This suggests the sensor on the seat belt works, but the software isn’t doing its job with the warning.

My dilemma is whether I can live with this quirk, or lose my car indefinitely to the service department:-((

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Left it off much longer than 30 sec. Also noticed when I get in the car, if I start and put in drive there is a brief ”ding ding ding” and the little icon bottom right of instrument panel shows a red seatbelt icon, which then goes away. I do not get the larger warning message that others have shown on this forum. This suggests the sensor on the seat belt works, but the software isn’t doing its job with the warning.

My dilemma is whether I can live with this quirk, or lose my car indefinitely to the service department:-((
if you believe it's software, I'd let it ride, unless there's some other reason to bring it in. I say that only because if it's software, there's potential for an OTA to fix it in the future. Depends on how important the warning is to you, of course.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag

The thing is if this is an bug what else has issues

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag