No Updates for almost 2 years

Twig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache e
Country flag
So I've had my premium since July 2021 and I haven't received a single update.

I was one of the many with the Sync not updating stuck in -- version (22B08 TSB I believe). I patiently waited for the resolution and once available took it to the dealer who was not able to update it. Waited another couple of months while they talked to Ford then brought it back in where they tried again and it failed again. So they said need to replace APIM. Been waiting 2-3 months for an APIM to ship. Just talked to them today and now they are saying all the APIMs the manufacturer has are corrupt and Ford needs to either scrap them or come and reinstall software on all of them.

Anyone else still having issues with this? Any ideas on how I proceed at this point? Try another dealership? It's getting a bit ridiculous at this point.

Thanks for any help or guidance.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Call Ford, ask for the BEV team and create a case.

OP
OP

Twig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache e
Country flag
So spent the last hour or so on the phone with Ford getting transferred around. They are now saying the team is working a software fix for the issue currently. Wouldn't really answer any other questions. That is the same thing I heard 12-18 months ago whenever all the other people were having this issue. Apparently the TSB that came out 8 months or so ago to fix it doesn't work for my vehicle for some reason.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If the dealer you are speaking with says that all APIMs are corrupt, it's time to call Ford and find a new dealer.
Sounds like they got hit with the lockout for trying too many times on the APIM

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I’d ask the BEV team to have a field engineer assigned to your case.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
How do I get in touch with them? Just spent an hour on the line with them getting transferred all over the place and no one would even say that a BEV team exists.
(800) 392-3673 USA / (800) 565-3673 Canada (Closed on Weekends). Ask for the Battery-Electric Vehicle Team. 😊🐩

OP
OP

Twig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache e
Country flag
(800) 392-3673 USA / (800) 565-3673 Canada (Closed on Weekends). Ask for the Battery-Electric Vehicle Team. 😊🐩
Thank you this # might have finally gotten me to the right place though it doesn't sound like anyone knows how to fix the issue.

They say they have APIMs manufactured but no software to program them and no ETA on when Ford is going to be able program them.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Thank you this # might have finally gotten me to the right place though it doesn't sound like anyone knows how to fix the issue.

They say they have APIMs manufactured but no software to program them and no ETA on when Ford is going to be able program them.
What's an "APIM?"

MiguelR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
I'm in the same situation, just picked up my MME today. Same story, no updates since delivery in August '21, took it to the dealer in September was told they needed a new APIM and finally got an appointment for this week, just yesterday got informed Ford has a hold on updating Bluecruise, no further details and they can't install the new APIM to get me unstuck. No ETA nor any further details.

Had a case open with Ford before and just reached out to get them onboard but still no response.

The SA mentioned he has 5 more cases like ours. Will post here if I get to hear from ford anything worthy but I'm really hopeless, ford seems uncapable to fix their own problems, at least my dealer is just about as frustrated as I and it does not seem to matter to ford at the end of the day.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Interesting... In early November my dealer determined (with help from a Ford hotline engineer) that they needed to replace my APIM. I was getting updates totally fine.

Everything was fine except for occasional random restarts while driving in very hot conditions. They happened more often in summer '22 than summer '21 so it could have been further degradation of something, or it could be coincidental issues introduced in software updates. I'll never know.

Anyway, the dealer had a lot of trouble ordering the replacement APIM from their California supplier. Turns out that supplier listed the part but was unable to provide programming...

I've no idea where they eventually sourced the part from, but this new one arrived and was installed early January (approximately a two month wait) and it isn't working properly with Connected Navigation. That's the only thing that seems broken but CN is important on an EV. It provides the data connection for finding out whether public chargers are available, road traffic data for navigation routing, weather which can influence the G-O-M, and other things.

Also I'm not sure why, but Android Auto doesn't seem to be able to get a GPS feed from SYNC ever since I performed a master reset in sync yesterday. I have to put the phone up on the dash so it can see the satellites from its own antenna.

I performed another reset tonight in slim hopes it would resolve the remaining issues... It did not, sadly.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
In retrospect I feel like I just vented on your thread... Not having updates in months let alone more than a year is awful, especially when you're aware through forums and emails from Ford etc that such things do exist.

Sorry for what you're going through. Give it another month or so though... There truly is a backlog on initial programming of the APIMs. (Each APIM is locked to a VIN as I understand it, and the repair workflow isn't scaled up in the way the production one is.)

OP
OP

Twig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache e
Country flag
In retrospect I feel like I just vented on your thread... Not having updates in months let alone more than a year is awful, especially when you're aware through forums and emails from Ford etc that such things do exist.

Sorry for what you're going through. Give it another month or so though... There truly is a backlog on initial programming of the APIMs. (Each APIM is locked to a VIN as I understand it, and the repair workflow isn't scaled up in the way the production one is.)
No problem, thanks for the information. Been nothing but patient I guess I'll continue to try to be.
Sponsored