Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi forum,
I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on how long I can expect repairs to take on my 2021 Premium AWD ER. I was taking my daughter to school one day when a bunch of warnings displayed on my dash, like Hill Start Warning, Pre-Collision Assist warning, AWD Off, Reduced power, etc. Fortunately I was able to get it home and got it into a dealership around the middle of May. They told me the front motor needed replacing and ordered the parts. It's now been about a month and a half and there's still no ETA for when the parts will get to the dealership. Is this normal? I've only owned the car since March, I bought it used but fortunately still under factory warranty.

Any insight is appreciated. This is my only vehicle so the last month and a half has been a struggle between rentals and taking time off work. I'm not looking forward to this dragging on for much longer.
Sponsored

Sagacant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I’m taking my car in tomorrow for the exact same issues, with a few people telling me I’ll need my front motor replaced as well. This is my only car so this should be interesting..

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
Hi forum,
I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on how long I can expect repairs to take on my 2021 Premium AWD ER. I was taking my daughter to school one day when a bunch of warnings displayed on my dash, like Hill Start Warning, Pre-Collision Assist warning, AWD Off, Reduced power, etc. Fortunately I was able to get it home and got it into a dealership around the middle of May. They told me the front motor needed replacing and ordered the parts. It's now been about a month and a half and there's still no ETA for when the parts will get to the dealership. Is this normal? I've only owned the car since March, I bought it used but fortunately still under factory warranty.

Any insight is appreciated. This is my only vehicle so the last month and a half has been a struggle between rentals and taking time off work. I'm not looking forward to this dragging on for much longer.

Have you reached out to @Ford Motor Company here? They should be able to get you a case opened with the BEV team to make sure everything is being handled the way it should be.

OP
OP

jth133

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Have you reached out to @Ford Motor Company here? They should be able to get you a case opened with the BEV team to make sure everything is being handled the way it should be.
Thanks for the suggestion - I messaged them directly and am hoping they'll be able to offer some kind of assistance.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion - I messaged them directly and am hoping they'll be able to offer some kind of assistance.
Tomorrow, pickup the phone, call Ford, and ask for the BEV team. Get a case number.

There is no "normal time" for parts. Some are immediate, some are very delayed.

Sagacant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Out of curiosity, has your parts come in yet? It is confirmed that my 2023 needs a front motor as well. They told me the parts were not on back order and should be in within 3-5 days, however that was 13 days ago and my car has remained untouched.

I’m worried I’ll be in the same boat as you are and have to wait several months to get my car back

OP
OP

jth133

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Out of curiosity, has your parts come in yet? It is confirmed that my 2023 needs a front motor as well. They told me the parts were not on back order and should be in within 3-5 days, however that was 13 days ago and my car has remained untouched.

I’m worried I’ll be in the same boat as you are and have to wait several months to get my car back
In my case it was 4 bolts that were on backorder from Ford until 9/23. Everything else arrived shortly after it was ordered. I ended up emailing the entire management team at the dealership, all the way up to the division director. After that the service department started contacting other dealers until they eventually found one who had the right bolts and agreed to send them.

I'm guessing you'll run into the same issue with your front motor replacement, so my advice is to keep following up with the dealership, contact management if you're not getting any info from the service team, and open a ticket with Ford if necessary. Hope that helps.

Sagacant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In my case it was 4 bolts that were on backorder from Ford until 9/23. Everything else arrived shortly after it was ordered. I ended up emailing the entire management team at the dealership, all the way up to the division director. After that the service department started contacting other dealers until they eventually found one who had the right bolts and agreed to send them.

I'm guessing you'll run into the same issue with your front motor replacement, so my advice is to keep following up with the dealership, contact management if you're not getting any info from the service team, and open a ticket with Ford if necessary. Hope that helps.
I appreciate the info and will be reaching out to the dealership shortly. I cannot believe that all that waiting was just for 4 bolts!

dww

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Jaguar XJ8, 2000 Ford F250 SD XL 4WD
Occupation
Winemaker
Country flag
I just took mine in for the rotor/brake pads fusing together. (Jan 2022 build week) I told them I have a high pitched whine from 29-32 mph and they are replacing my front motor. I thought they might just tweak the settings but they want to change it out.

Just curious, did the two of you have good luck with the replacement except for waiting? I'll find out today when/if the parts are available.
Thanks
Sponsored