Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That does not seem logical. Why wouldn't the orgininator of the contact be responsible for all the damage?
This is the logic here in CA. I had a similar incident in the early ’90s. Traffic Cale to a stop, I stopped, car behind me plowed into my 4Runner, causing my 4Runner to tap the car in front of me. Wrecked my front valence and bent the license plate. Damaged the trunk lid of the car in front of me. The car behind me was pretty wrecked, and left some scratches in my aftermarket tube bumper’s powder coat. Insurance said the driver of the car behind me was at fault and his insurance had to pay for repairs to my SUV and the car in front of me. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Sponsored

philbish

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer
Gosh. At the end of the day, it's a good thing everyone is safe and these are just metal.

But seek a diminished value claim against the insurance of who was at fault.

You should be made good for now having a bad mark on CarFax or something alike.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Because the guy behind you didn't maintain assured clear distance
Don't blame me it's the law. :)
Oh, yes, I'm blaming you!!! Just kidding, and of all things my daughter's were rear-ended on their way home from Spring Break yesterday. Mild damage to the car (I'm guessing a few thousands to repair) and no damage to the kids. At least the woman that hit them accepted fault and a police report was generated. Hello, insurance co. I may ask them about that Cash for Depreciation Value!! The things you can learn from the Forum.......

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh, yes, I'm blaming you!!! Just kidding, and of all things my daughter's were rear-ended on their way home from Spring Break yesterday. Mild damage to the car (I'm guessing a few thousands to repair) and no damage to the kids. At least the woman that hit them accepted fault and a police report was generated. Hello, insurance co. I may ask them about that Cash for Depreciation Value!! The things you can learn from the Forum.......
Sorry about the accident. Thank God no injuries. I've got to look up Cash for Depreciation Value. Agreed, this forum is a fount of information.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, BC cannot be paused.

Vgkfan

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mme premium ER AWD 2016 Kia, 2003 Honda
Country flag
Take 2 identical cars, one has been in an accident. How much cheaper does the wrecked one have to be so that you would buy it over the other one? That’s the diminished value.

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In my neck of the woods it will be diminished 30% to 40% of the appraised damage.

OP
OP

Babbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Car is at the body shop and got this update on Ford Pass. Still another week before it should be done though.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not the intro I would've liked 24-03-26 Updat
Sponsored