Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I've been having the same issue. I thought it was just me, but I guess maybe not?
Sorry it isn't working out, I wish I knew what the problems were. There have been no crashes reported by TestFlight, no screenshots submitted using TestFlight, no app logs submitted (added in OBD Record 0.50.20 on May 1st). Without credible problem reports there isn't much I can do and I have no control over the devices being used (other than requiring iOS 16.2).

On the two Mach-E in my household things work smoothly, in the past month I recorded 47 trips (in a vehicle that isn't my primary ride), andjust last week a DCFC charge from 5% to 85%:

Ford Mustang Mach-E OBD Play: an iPhone app for viewing Mach-E trips and charging data 1686847074522

For now I need to regroup and prepare for iOS 17 in the fall. OBD Record was cobbled together over 40 days (first commit was February 11th, first TestFlight build was mid-March) and could use some serious redesign and cleanup.

But I have much less time to spend in front of a display during the summer so solving issues I can't reproduce or observe just isn't realistic. Things do work well enough for me that I can continue to collect trips/charges so I have a multi-year data set to work with in the fall and hopefully have something that works under conditions not under my control.
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Sorry it isn't working out, I wish I knew what the problems were. There have been no crashes reported by TestFlight, no screenshots submitted using TestFlight, no app logs submitted (added in OBD Record 0.50.20 on May 1st). Without credible problem reports there isn't much I can do and I have no control over the devices being used (other than requiring iOS 16.2).

On the two Mach-E in my household things work smoothly, in the past month I recorded 47 trips (in a vehicle that isn't my primary ride), andjust last week a DCFC charge from 5% to 85%:

Ford Mustang Mach-E OBD Play: an iPhone app for viewing Mach-E trips and charging data 1686847074522

For now I need to regroup and prepare for iOS 17 in the fall. OBD Record was cobbled together over 40 days (first commit was February 11th, first TestFlight build was mid-March) and could use some serious redesign and cleanup.

But I have much less time to spend in front of a display during the summer so solving issues I can't reproduce or observe just isn't realistic. Things do work well enough for me that I can continue to collect trips/charges so I have a multi-year data set to work with in the fall and hopefully have something that works under conditions not under my control.
Thanks for replying Rick. Iā€™ll give it a try again and see I might be doing wrong. As for screenshots, Iā€™m not sure what would be helpful, since it simply shows everything is working and then nothing gets loaded. But if you have something to suggest, Iā€™ll be happy to try.

OP
OP
Jiji

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for replying Rick. Iā€™ll give it a try again and see I might be doing wrong. As for screenshots, Iā€™m not sure what would be helpful, since it simply shows everything is working and then nothing gets loaded. But if you have something to suggest, Iā€™ll be happy to try.
Screenshots are good to report UI issues or suggestions.

A screenshot of unresponsive software doesn't do anything other than document what the state machine was doing. While nice to know, the logging system should have a more detailed description of the non-visible state.

And start small, you only need to go 100 meters to create a trip. If you sit in your driveway and repeatedly go from Park āž” Neutral āž” Park it should cycle between the Ignition On āž” Trip Start āž” Trip āž” Trip End āž” IgnitionOn but not actually record a trip.

If that worked reliably try just a short trip, just 100 meters is needed but this time you should see the trip recorded in the Trip End status bar (blue disk icon) and observe it in OBD Play.

If you can't do this then perhaps we can escalate things and take a deeper look at the phone or your data store.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
Sorry it isn't working out, I wish I knew what the problems were.

you already know what one problem that causes this behavior is because i reported it to you. if the trip ends when cell service is spotty or nonexistent the whole trip is dropped. the app "just" needs to spool the events and write them into the database when the network is available. i realize this is much easier said than done.

OP
OP
Jiji

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you already know what one problem that causes this behavior is because i reported it to you. if the trip ends when cell service is spotty or nonexistent the whole trip is dropped. the app "just" needs to spool the events and write them into the database when the network is available. i realize this is much easier said than done.
Well known ā€˜featureā€˜ affecting everyone but with a simple workaround, just end the trip if you know in advance will lose cell service.

I am in over my head on this but hopefully someday it will be addressed. In the meantime this feature shouldnā€™t prevent anyone with normal cell service from being somewhat successful (for example, I have logged 189 trips since April 1st with just two failures).
Sponsored