Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Updating cleared out data sources in OBD-Record, as a result my trips weren't recorded today. Kinda a pain to have to re-enter everything after every program update.
Lee, same thing happened to me today! Didn’t realize data source was wiped with the update……..! Bill P
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jiji

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
it does not work consistently. i was waiting for my kid at the dentist and did 3-4 "trips" around the parking lot and only one time did it move to the "trip" state. when leaving the parking lot at the end it was stuck in the Connected state.

the data sources are fine, both apps are correctly connected.

also many times it was stuck in "ignition off" for whatever reason when the ignition was clearly not off. that might have something to do with it.
Do not start a trip if you are not in the Ignition On view. This was noted in the TestFlight release notes that if you are in the Connected state and the ignition on condition is not detected you need to swipe up and remove OBD Record and relaunch it.

I am working on improving this but others wanted to start recording trips so I pushed it out with known issues. I can't remember the last time I failed to record a trip but I am more forgiving and know to restart things if I am not in the Ignition On screen before moving the gear selector out of Park.

OP
OP
Jiji

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds good. I’ll let you know if it works or not, but if it doesn’t, I’ll not expect you to take any action!
I heard back from Vgate, just as I suspected it uses Bluetooth LE and not standard Bluetooth, the vlinker FS BT is their device that supports BT and has MSCAN support but command support may be an issue.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
Do not start a trip if you are not in the Ignition On view. This was noted in the TestFlight release notes that if you are in the Connected state and the ignition on condition is not detected you need to swipe up and remove OBD Record and relaunch it.
i didn't see that in the TestFlight notes, from what i can see the note talks about walking away from the car and walking back into range causing problems. as mentioned i was sitting in the car the whole time.

but whatever, it sounds like there are known issues here so hopefully you'll be able to resolve them.

OP
OP
Jiji

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Build 0.50.6 of OBD Record is now available in TestFlight, see the original post for details and the link to get a copy:

OBD Record 0.50.6 is now available

Hopefully some nice improvements for my hardworking peeps (and save a copy of your settings so you can restore everything on a fresh install).

OP
OP
Jiji

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hopefully those interested in OBD Record have seen this post on in the GitHub discussions but there is now a tutorial showing how to inspect your InfluxDB data store for write activity by OBD Record:

Checking for ODB Record writes in InfluxDB

Since a few users were unsure that writes were taking place, build 0.50.6 now has a status bar symbol that shows if a trip or charge has been successfully written to your IinfluxDB data store (blue for a successful write, red otherwise).

Ford Mustang Mach-E OBD Record: an iPhone app for logging Mach-E trips and charges 1680038117294

aporzio1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT
Country flag
Just got my ODBII adapter and logged a trip, look awesome so far with lots of info Ford doesn't provide. Do I need to open the app and leave it opened every time I drive the car for it to record? ie. it can't read historic data from the car or can it run in the background?
Sponsored