TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was curious to know where this is. I looked at the plant via satellite imagery and I see where they'd normally park the cars that are getting ready to load onto the train... but this was a much smaller loading area than I am used to seeing at most plants (the Rouge Plant where F-150's are made is much larger ... which many more loading ramps).

I wondered if they are parking the cars at an off-property storage lot. (They do that here in Dearborn... we'll sometimes see them parking F-150's that are awaiting shipping at other Ford land in the area.)
There's room for about 4000 cars on the plant lots, not even counting the diagonally striped lots that are presumably employee parking. There's almost 2000 "straight-line" spots on the south side lots, and another ~2150 on the northeast lot.

I previously estimated 3500 but doing another count now I see over 4000. With room for spill-over if needed.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There's room for about 4000 cars on the plant lots, not even counting the diagonally striped lots that are presumably employee parking. There's almost 2000 "straight-line" spots on the south side lots, and another ~2150 on the northeast lot.

I previously estimated 3500 but doing another count now I see over 4000. With room for spill-over if needed.
Employees have to park in a lot off site to make room for cars. It’s about a mile walk.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Loved that show!
We could never watch it live. Couldn't stand to wait a week for the next episode, so we'd record the whole season and watch it all in a week. It was our original "binge" show.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Loved that show!
way back in the day, we put the CTU ring tone in the list for the company Cisco phone system ?

doo doo, doo doooooooo

edit: yes I gave myself an off-topic post ticket. I am nothing if not fair and just.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
way back in the day, we put the CTU ring tone in the list for the company Cisco phone system ?

doo doo, doo doooooooo

edit: yes I gave myself an off-topic post ticket. I am nothing if not fair and just.
That was my cell phone ringtone for many years. Finally switched it a couple of years ago to the 'In Like Flint' phone which is a little louder and clearer (I'm getting old).

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
We could never watch it live. Couldn't stand to wait a week for the next episode, so we'd record the whole season and watch it all in a week. It was our original "binge" show.
Waiting was painful.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag