Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Is anyone else having trouble submitting payment? When I go to pay dealer deposit, it just takes me on an endless loop of:
1) I accept T & C
2) Continue to Payment
3) Choose Card (AMEX in this case)/Accept T & C
4) Pay
5) Back to 1*

My card isn't being declined or anything... I even checked with Amex and they aren't even seeing the charge being attempted. Tried this on 2 different computers, multiple browsers, my phone, all the same thing. I paid for 2 deposits with my Amex. What's the deal now?
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Dealer just called me back to let me know that he saw the order show up on his end and he has accepted it.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Is anyone else having trouble submitting payment? When I go to pay dealer deposit, it just takes me on an endless loop of:
1) I accept T & C
2) Continue to Payment
4) Pay
5) Back to 1*

My card isn't being declined or anything... I even checked with Amex and they aren't even seeing the charge being attempted. Tried this on 2 different computers, multiple browsers, my phone, all the same thing. I paid for 2 deposits with my Amex. What's the deal now?
Are you trying to use the card that was saved from your original reservation? I had to change cards from the Amex I used for my original reservation. Put in a new Mastercard and it went through. Not sure if an Amex issue, or an issue with the saved card.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
First Edition orders don't have a change button. You can't even add floor mats to the order. You'll have to call the help line Monday to change your paint color.
I ordered a premium and I didn’t see any place on the order site to change my configuration. I was thinking of changing from RWD to AWD. I ordered anyway. Maybe I’ll call the helpline on Monday and change it to AWD.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Dealer just called me back to let me know that he saw the order show up on his end and he has accepted it.
Funny...I got an email from Ford confirming my order. Then, I got an email from the dealership saying “I received your request for some more information on the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E. What is the best number to reach you at?” Uggh, seems like there is some confusion. I replied and asked him to confirm he received my order. Still waiting.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Are you trying to use the card that was saved from your original reservation? I had to change cards from the Amex I used for my original reservation. Put in a new Mastercard and it went through. Not sure if an Amex issue, or an issue with the saved card.
Well it's doing the same thing with my Discover card. Under the Payment Terms, it has all 4 card processing companies listed. I'm pretty frustrated this morning. I typically avoid using my bank card for something that I don't tangibly have in-hand... especially something like this when I haven't even test driven the damn thing.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Well it's doing the same thing with my Discover card. Under the Payment Terms, it has all 4 card processing companies listed. I'm pretty frustrated this morning. I typically avoid using my bank card for something that I don't tangibly have in-hand... especially something like this when I haven't even test driven the damn thing.
Have you tried it with Microsoft Edge as your browser?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's probably why your rate is lower. I didn't get any pre-approval (I didn't ask for it and keep my credit locked to avoid stray pokes).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Funny...I got an email from Ford confirming my order. Then, I got an email from the dealership saying “I received your request for some more information on the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E. What is the best number to reach you at?” Uggh, seems like there is some confusion. I replied and asked him to confirm he received my order. Still waiting.
Hmm. I just got an email from my dealer, too.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Have you tried it with Microsoft Edge as your browser?
Oh you'd be in for a TREAT if I sat here and told you how many browsers and computers I've tried. Edge Classic and Edge Chromium. I've even resorted to IE. ?

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
1) I accept T & C
2) Continue to Payment
4) Pay
5) Back to 1*

I had the same problem but with my discover card. I tried 3 times, added the same discover card and tried twice more. I finally went with a MasterCard and it triggered a fraud detection alert which I had to confirm. Discover never showed any rejection. Oh well.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
So it was SPECIFICALLY not liking AMEX or Discover. Maybe it was a dealer thing and not a Ford thing? I forgot my Apple Barclaycard was a Visa so I used that. It liked that one instantly.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order site is up! Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 10.53.09 AM

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
Hmm. I just got an email from my dealer, too.
I purchased my current Fusion, my wife's C-Max and my daughter's used C-Max all from the same salesman. I've been texting him on and off since my initial reservation and prior to placing my order. He knew my order was being submitted when I did it, but he still emailed and called me immediately. He said it's part of their required procedures. Literally the are required to email and call form dealer once an order is placed. My salesman's first car was a grabber blue '73 Mustang Grande 351.
Sponsored