Ordered 2/6, just got build date of 6/7/2021!

JeanLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX300h
Country flag
I also just got a week of 6/7 build date. Ordered on 2/1 a star white Premium AWD ER.
Sponsored

Andrew88

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I also just got a week of 6/7 build date. Ordered on 2/1 a star white Premium AWD ER.
This thread is giving me the hope I needed this morning. Order date of 3/2. Clearly not banking on the 12 weeks to delivery that Ford and the dealer quoted. But, maybe 16-20?? Maybe???

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This thread is giving me the hope I needed this morning. Order date of 3/2. Clearly not banking on the 12 weeks to delivery that Ford and the dealer quoted. But, maybe 16-20?? Maybe???
A dealer quoting wildly incorrect timing doesn't surprise me, but who at Ford said it would take 12 weeks?

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum; 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Major breach in ?Ford? security. My build date leaked out. Ordered 1/20. Build 6/7.
Orders from a month later got build dates a month earlier but I’ll take whatever I can get.
There are many variables for this. There is customer priority level, dealer allocation, limitation on parts or even paint color you selected. It seems like extended range is a part that is pushing builds back. We are getting our Mach-E from a dealer stock order. Premium Cabonized Gray AWD w/ Standard range. I had to make a lot of calls, but I finally got ahold of a dealer that had one in transit. We just did it this week. On the other hand I ordered a F-150 for myself on 1/6. It was built on 3/19, but is still in a Dearbourne lot waiting for parts. Will stay there for weeks further. I know many people who ordered their truck a month after me and depending on those variables, they already got their truck. Then there are people who ordered theirs in fall with some items that aren't available. They don't even have their truck scheduled yet. Ford really underestimated the demand and created logistical headaches for themselves.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are many variables for this. There is customer priority level, dealer allocation, limitation on parts or even paint color you selected. It seems like extended range is a part that is pushing builds back. We are getting our Mach-E from a dealer stock order. Premium Cabonized Gray AWD w/ Standard range. I had to make a lot of calls, but I finally got ahold of a dealer that had one in transit. We just did it this week. On the other hand I ordered a F-150 for myself on 1/6. It was built on 3/19, but is still in a Dearbourne lot waiting for parts. Will stay there for weeks further. I know many people who ordered their truck a month after me and depending on those variables, they already got their truck. Then there are people who ordered theirs in fall with some items that aren't available. They don't even have their truck scheduled yet. Ford really underestimated the demand and created logistical headaches for themselves.
I find the lack of communication much more frustrating than the scheduling decisions themselves. To each his own but I find 12 weeks of silence on a $50k purchase completely unacceptable.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Perhaps optimistic but not impossible.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered mine Feb 3 and got a production date of June 7th yesterday. I ordered Rapid Red Premium 4/X

Andrew88

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
A dealer quoting wildly incorrect timing doesn't surprise me, but who at Ford said it would take 12 weeks?
The person I spoke to at Ford was the customer service rep who answered when I called the 800 number. She said 8-12 weeks from order to delivery. The dealer actually said 90 days, which is basically the same thing (12 weeks = 90 days).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The person I spoke to at Ford was the customer service rep who answered when I called the 800 number. She said 8-12 weeks from order to delivery. The dealer actually said 90 days, which is basically the same thing (12 weeks = 90 days).
That's unfortunate.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum; 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I find the lack of communication much more frustrating than the scheduling decisions themselves. To each his own but I find 12 weeks of silence on a $50k purchase completely unacceptable.
My truck is a $70k purchase and how long it is has taken that is why I looked for a stock order on the Mach-E, rather than a custom. Also we found the options and color we wanted, for a truck their is literally a billion combinations.

I agree that it is frustrating the lack of communication, though to be honest they have two things going on right now.

1) A world wide pandemic that has created a logistics nightmare. Even internal people don't have a whole lot of information. Your dealer can see a little bit more details, i.e. if it is scheduled, planned build date/week, current status. My truck was rescheduled about 4 times, then it went into production on 3/19 and has been sitting on Ramp 59, since the 20th. All I know is what I read from the news and forums, there is a chips/modules shortages. Ford produced some vehicles and have them waiting on lots for the parts. There is also a shortage of transportation (drivers, train cars, trucks, and etc.).

Ford has been doing things the same for years. It usually works great and normally takes 6-8 weeks from order to delivery. Though the pandemic has thrown a wrench into the gears of a well oiled machine.

a) They adjusted their orders for their suppliers, due to the turn down and less interest in new vehicle purchase as people were staying at home or lost their job.
b) People started buying lots of electronics as they are working from home or playing video games at home. This put a huge demand on electronics that were already in a shortage, due to a pandemic.
c) Ford underestimated the demand for new vehicles in 2021.

2) Ford really seemed to push Ordering of Mach-E, versus the traditional model of buying off the lot. I don't think they were prepared for this much interest in the Mach-E. My wife and I only found out about the Mach-E about a couple months ago.

With all these orders and delays, I don't think Ford has anything in place to really communicate, more than what the currently have in place. The best thing you can do is bug the dealer and google around to see how the process usually works at Ford.

I will put it this way, I wouldn't be this patient, if there wasn't a global pandemic. One thing that Ford is really screwing up is not properly painting the rear axles of F-150s, so they are rusting on the dealerships. Ford response is "it is only esthetic". Now this has no excuse.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you receive a VIN# yet? I also got notified of 6/7 build date but no VIN# yet.
There are instructions around for using browser developers tools to retrieve your VIN.

I emailed my salesman as soon as I received the notice and he was able to pull up my VIN. Whatever his information is coming from seems to be updated when that notice goes out.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
There are instructions around for using browser developers tools to retrieve your VIN.
Thanks for mentioning this, I was able to snag my VIN in a couple minutes, googled it just for fun and it pulled up the inventory page for my car at my dealership, even though it's still just a pile of parts somewhere. Exciting, though!

MacheCrazy

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Premium
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Does it seem like AWD with extended battery are taking less time to be scheduled?
Sponsored