Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
My dealer just notified me that it will be May 4th before some issue is resolved for anyone to convert a reservation to an order of the website. Seems fishy to me, but I can’t get into my reservation on the website. Is anyone else having difficulty doing this as well?

“we are told the website is having conversion issues and that it will be may 4th before this is resolved in which case you will be able to order your vehicle online then”

“conversion is in regards to going from your reservation to an actual order”
Sponsored

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
can't the dealer just do it on their end anyway?
My dealer doesn’t seem to think they can do any ordering. They want me to do online. I’m kind of annoyed

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My dealer just now, pulled my pre-order, converted it to an order, and used the $500 as the deposit to the dealer. no problems.

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer just now, pulled my pre-order, converted it to an order, and used the $500 as the deposit to the dealer. no problems.
Your dealer is better than mine. However, my dealer change is now up, the website loaded for me and I now converted the order. How do I get my original 500 deposit back?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Your dealer is better than mine. However, my dealer change is now up, the website loaded for me and I now converted the order. How do I get my original 500 deposit back?
Back in June 2020, when I ordered, it showed up as a credit to the credit card I used about 2-3 weeks later or so. A few people had issues with that apparently (credits not showing up). But for most, it was fairly automatic.

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Back in June 2020, when I ordered, it showed up as a credit to the credit card I used about 2-3 weeks later or so. A few people had issues with that apparently (credits not showing up). But for most, it was fairly automatic.
Hmm. I had to enter a new credit card though cause the one I used for deposit was expired. I bet I will have to call the Ford Desk

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why not just let the $500 be the dealers deposit?
Since I placed online, not sure how that works. My dealer isnt really guiding me here. Plus, for the dealership I changed my order to, no ADM, but they did require a $1500 deposit on the website which while larger, I didn’t care enough about to bother with.

ahawksfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks for this! You are saying the $500 deposit we made during the reservation process will be refunded because during the order process a new $500 charge was made. Hence, we should look for a credit on the original credit card.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thanks for this! You are saying the $500 deposit we made during the reservation process will be refunded because during the order process a new $500 charge was made. Hence, we should look for a credit on the original credit card.
Yes. The reason that the credit isn't rolled over is apparently because the reservation deposit was with Ford. The order deposit (of whatever amount, mine was $1000) is with a dealer.

SEH70

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Performance ER
Country flag
Since I placed online, not sure how that works. My dealer isnt really guiding me here. Plus, for the dealership I changed my order to, no ADM, but they did require a $1500 deposit on the website which while larger, I didn’t care enough about to bother with.
I paid $1500 deposit too. Ordered online
Sponsored