MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
It's now been 9 days with the 1.7.1 updating appearing on our Mach-E with nothing to show for the actual update. The Sync version/revision still shows "--" :(

In our garage at night the car has access to excellent WiFi signal (our router is next to the garage) and the car did a 800 mile trip over the past weekend so in theory it should have had time to download anything via cellular.

So if we do have to wait up to 2 weeks I show hope the update completes over the next 5 or 6 days!
My car showed -- also after the update. Last night it went back to showing the old Sync 20312_PRODUCT version and revision 243, as well the onboard modem was back. This morning it went back to -- and the modem was gone again. There was very little traffic logged from the car on my router.

Also, I never received any notification of a failed (or successful, which it most definitely was not) update from the car or FordPass.
Sponsored

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
My car showed -- also after the update. Last night it went back to showing the old Sync 20312_PRODUCT version and revision 243, as well the onboard modem was back. This morning it went back to -- and the modem was gone again. There was very little traffic logged from the car on my router.

Also, I never received any notification of a failed (or successful, which it most definitely was not) update from the car or FordPass.
I saw the old Sync version of 312/243 as well last Wed or Thurs morning when I did my daily check on the update and like you it is now back to the "--" so who knows what's going on at this point!

I did reach out to a forum member who did a VIN check and said the update is in progress. I also sent a PM to Ford over this issue but I've heard nothing yet. This was yesterday so I figure Ford will get back to me shortly.

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
Today the car is saying 1.7.1 has been applied but I haven’t received yet the notification in FordPass.

Same here. Mine says 1.7.1 has been applied but haven't seen any visible changes (no notepad or tic-tac-toe) or received notification in FP. It's been almost 2 weeks. Starting to worry something is stuck!

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
There is no cellular indicator other than the one for your phone. If AT&T is not your cell carrier, you won’t be able to tell
Ok I thought I might be missing something. I went digging in bezel diagnostics. Found a cell ID, but not signal strength. My phone has good signal in my garage, but who knows how the Mach-Es antennas differ.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
But that is just the hot spot info. Has nothing to do with the onboard cell or wifi and not used for updates as far as I know
There's only one onboard cellular radio. The same one is used for Hotspot and updates.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select (lease ended) Now 2023 GTPE
Country flag
There's only one onboard cellular radio. The same one is used for Hotspot and updates.
Now that’s good to know, thank you. So, let me ask, if I do activate my hotspot (which I have not done yet) can I assume that my cellular radio is working? Since that has been a concern of mine.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Now that’s good to know, thank you. So, let me ask, if I do activate my hotspot (which I have not done yet) can I assume that my cellular radio is working? Since that has been a concern of mine.
Yes. But there's also no reason to assume that it's not.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My concern was that I was not receiving any OTA updates so I had to bring the car into the dealer to update the car but, you are right, it may just have not been my “turn”.

Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
I've been trying to search the forum, and I know I saw something before, but where the heck is the Notes App? My Mach-E says it's successfully applied the 1.7.1 update. Do I need to restart the car?

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been trying to search the forum, and I know I saw something before, but where the heck is the Notes App? My Mach-E says it's successfully applied the 1.7.1 update. Do I need to restart the car?
Press the middle button on the top that has your personal settings. It’s in there

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On this subject, you don’t have to activate the hotspot to receive OTA updates over the cell modem right? I’ve gotten 2 so far, but I don’t know if they came in over Wi-Fi or the cell.
Sponsored