titan2220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD SR
Country flag
So if I don't have Alexa, or the new video streaming apps (NBC, YouTube) I must be very far behind! :(

I would be nice if they released a TSB or some guidance to assist those that don't get OTA updates.
I've had the dealer do the HVAC, and recall updates, FDRS only lists 3 modules that need updating, so I guess I just wait?
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The OTA call Center today said Iā€™m up to date and they will send it out when they get them out? Lol.
Yes, that's how it works. I don't think anyone actually knows why one car gets it before another one does, it does not seem be by build date. It's like they pick a handful from each build date and then throw those into the cycle and then do it again and again.

Kabay0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021.5 Mach-E Premium Extended EAP
Country flag
I finally got 3.6.1. My first update since October. Hopefully I'll get the new ui too soon. Early access

mach-JT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select STD RWD w/ Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I received 3.6.1 today as well. Not early access.

My car was built late September and delivered late December. Hoping the rest of the updates come quickly now.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yes, that's how it works. I don't think anyone actually knows why one car gets it before another one does, it does not seem be by build date. It's like they pick a handful from each build date and then throw those into the cycle and then do it again and again.
Could simply be that some VINs are easier for Bob to communicate to Alice during the rigorous, phone-based OTA approval workflow. "3FMTK3RM3..." but Alice hears it as "3FMTK3RNC..."

šŸ¤Ŗ

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
So, I messaged my dealer... and within a few hours I had 3.6.1 for my one of two vehicles!
I think someone at Ford pushed the next round of updates.

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
I wouldnā€™t worry too much. Iā€™ve been on 3.5.4.2 since November and got 3.6.1 tonight. Itā€™ll happen. These are all about patience.

Linzi_Loo_Who

First Name
Linzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
That's me. November build, sold to me with expired blue cruise and software older than 3.5. Thanks to a tip on these forums, I called the OTA line, and about ten days later I received four updates in a row, bringing me up to 3.5.4 and working BC.

Then, nothing. I waited over a week, called the OTA line again, and they said nothing else has been pushed to my car and that I'll get the updates "when I get them."

Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth that they sold me a $70k car with old and non-functional software. Isn't the least they could do is make sure all new cars leave the lot with the latest stable software?

Per Wikipedia, there seem to be 9 updates after 3.5.4, though perhaps some of them are included in subsequent updates and will be skipped:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History
[/QUOT

Linzi_Loo_Who

First Name
Linzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
I am having the same issue with BC and the expired date for my 9/22 production. I have been dealing with OTA support for 2
Months and today they try and tell me that the hands free blue cruise is part of the park assist prep kit and will never work until that's module is available.
Talk about a bull &hit excuse!

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think itā€™s because I complained to Ford yesterday and then my dealer today. Lol. But only one got updated.
Lol, I was stuck on 3.5.4 since December 9. I just got the update to 3.61 randomly today. FYI, my charge was less 50% when I got the update message.
Sponsored